Factory Layout Engineer
The Factory Layout Engineer will develop and deliver operationally excellent factory designs created with an emphasis on cross-functional compatibility and technical modularity.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Create, develop and maintain factory, production and process designs in 3D and 2D CAD environments.
* Conduct continuous multi-disciplinary, technical coordination to ensure a great holistic factory design.
* Plan, prioritize and execute technical tasks within defined scope, delivering layouts and designs to highly demanding internal customers.
* Support stakeholders and projects with layout solutions in a high-paced development process.
* Overall layout responsible for assigned areas/buildings, pushing the frontier of modern factory design.
We are looking for someone who has a few years of experience, either from construction design, production design or product design. This role will place you right in the cross-section of all three, coordinating everything that goes unto the factory floor and its interfaces with building and functions. We, the layout team, are the ones tying it all together; serving as spiders in the web we coordinate everything from operational requirements and process engineering to safety aspects and material logistic solutions.
Skills & Requirements
We believe that you have:
* M.Sc. in Engineering, preferably within Production Management/Logistics/Engineering, Process or Mechanical Engineering or similar
* 2-4 years of experience in manufacturing or production development, specifically regarding factory layout, factory/production design, process design or similar.
* Professional experience with 3D/2D Factory Design tools such as Autodesk Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD
* Great English written and oral skills to ensure smooth and efficient communication with all stakeholders.
* Some experience/know-how in scripting/programming
Bonus points for:
* Experience/genuine interest in scripting/programming (C# and/or Python) is highly qualifying.
* Know-how in good PLM-practices
* Intermediate mechanical CAD-skills