NETA Field Engineer/Technician II,III,IV
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
* Test, troubleshoot, perform start-up and collect data on electrical distribution systems.
* Test and commission Relay systems on high voltage substations.
* Maintain, test, repair, rebuild, and replace LV,MV, and HV switchgear and circuit breakers.
* Troubleshoot automatic transfer switches.
* Test and inspect low, medium, and high voltage cable installations.
* Maintain, test, and repair transformers and related equipment.
* Test and calibrate solid-state and electro-mechanical relays.
* Perform relay calibration and power metering.
* Conduct low and medium-voltage motor control center and contractor testing.
* Start-up, troubleshoot, and repair generator controls and transfer schemes.
* Sample and analyze insulated fluids.
* Complete Job Hazard Analysis including but not limited to arc-flash and shock analyses
* Conduct limited and routine investigations, tests, and evaluations.
* Document test results and complete field reports.
* On-call duty.
* Must have a minimum of 2-3 years' experience in electrical testing.
* Candidate should have experience working in and leading a team
* Experience in or capable of managing medium length projects
* Familiar with NETA Acceptance and Maintenance Testing Standards
* Familiar with NFPA70E Electrical Safety standards
* Ability to troubleshoot electrical performance deficiencies (e.g. ground fault)
* Ability to travel 20%
* Skilled in testing digital relays (SEL 700G,ABB or comparable)
* Skilled in using Enoserv RTS
* Must be knowledgeable lockout/tagout and hazardous energy control procedures.
* Clean Driving Record
* Familiarization with Megger and Omnicron test equipment is a plu