Field Operations Manager
- Permanent position
- Excellent Package
The Field Operations Manager is responsible for the leadership and implementation of all major projects, ensuring the successful startup and close out of these projects. This individual will identify the resources required, schedule and manage the field project teams and their related activities to ensure the successful project management completion.
* Responsible for the successful startup and close out of all projects in the region.
* Responsible in staff planning, scheduling, hiring, interviewing and selection of Operations group, as well as performing evaluations, counseling, and staff development training needs.
* Works with Business Development, Engineering, Installation, Production and Customers to determine project needs and execution.
* Manages staff schedules to ensure all safety training needs are in compliance with regional/project specific standards.
* Works with Director of Engineering and Business Development to establish budgetary proposals to identify future equipment needs to streamline engineering and installation processes.
* Provides input from functional areas to the Senior Management team. Provides reports to the Strategic Leadership team to evaluate lessons learned of strategic initiatives. Provides feedback and input on strategic decisions.
* Motivates functional area personnel to accomplish the goals of the company. Serves as a mentor and resource for personnel. Actively transfers knowledge to continue development of functional area personnel.
* Regularly monitors cost of projects to ensure they remain within budgetary guidelines.
* Assists sales to address major customer conflicts from a technical standpoint and/or resource constraints.
* Identifies equipment needs for the projects and follows through to ensure equipment is ordered and ready for the job.
* Identifies and communicated discrepancies between project bids and actual orders.
* Serves as a direct company representative to customer and provides details and/or suggestions to management.
* Identifies quality control issues during field engineering and installation and develops corrective action plan.
* Reads and updates Project Definition Documents (PDD) and responds to the needs of the project.
* Updates Daily Status Reports (DSU) with appropriate project and material information.
* Consistently follows and enforces all company and site-specific safety protocol to include scheduling onsite safety training for project crew and leading site safety meetings as needed.
* Oversees quality control of all materials generated as well as product installation.
* Conducts regular project meetings to keep employees informed of project needs and changes.
* Promotes an environment of teamwork and cooperation and is accessible to employees.
* All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering or Operations Management
* Minimum of 5 years of project management experience in in manufacturing, construction or related field a plus. PMP a plus.
* Proficient in project scheduling and resource loading.
* Proficient in MS Office products, advanced in Excel
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from various department.
* Advanced understanding of facility drawings including equipment layouts, plot plans, and piping and instrumentation diagrams.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of personalities.
* Exhibits above average organizational skills, multitasking skills and has the ability to recognize and deal appropriately with priorities.
EA Licence 16S8096
EA Reg ID R2198337