Earthstream global is looking for a Field Service Engineer for an organisation that manufactures, develops and sells equipment that cover heating, cooling, separation and fluid handling into a variety of industries. The global firms employs over fifteen thousand people across 55 countries.
The position will be responsible for the overhaul, repair, fault diagnosis and on-site servicing of clients' equipment namely separators and decanters. The Service Engineer will be responsible for Start- up, commissioning, troubleshooting & will work across the region. It will be based out of Durban South Africa and will include travel of up to 2-3 weeks per month.
The incumbent should be a Mechanical / Electrical Engineer who has working experience or thorough knowledge of Separators, Decanters and eventually Heat exchangers.
Strong problem-solving skills who work structured and quality-conscious to provide our customers with high-level of service. It is important that you are flexible, independent, robust and thrive in a very active environment with much travel activity - acting as part of a dynamic team with colleagues around the region.
Your experience should include;
- Milwright trade certificate is a must
- National Diploma or Degree in Mechanical Engineering will be an advantage
- Experience in control systems and machine optimisation.
- Strong Mechanical, Instrumentation and Electrical background.
- Sales related academic qualification will be an advantage.
- Literacy and numeracy skills will be assessed to meet the required criteria.
- Minimum of 3-6 years hands on experience
- Well organised and on time relating to reporting and time keeping.
- Strong Customer focus & Competitor Analysis
- Securing Quality to serve customers
- Planning, Networking & Influencing
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- High level of integrity
- Experience in Rotating equipment e.g. High speed separators, Decanters, Control panels and Gasketed plate heat exchangers.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Commissioning, Service and troubleshooting, Repairs of High Speed Separators with focus on Energy, Food application and some Marine jobs.
- Commissioning, Service and troubleshooting, Repairs of Decanters in Energy, Waste water and Food application
- On-Site service and troubleshooting, Repairs of Plate Heat Exchangers
- Training customer crew on operation of Alfa Laval equipment
- Troubleshooting of Electrical / PLC controls associated with Alfa laval equipment
- Preparation of service jobs reports, technical support and end documentation.
- Update service execution IT system with relevant information
- Capture Installed Base on site and communicate sales opportunities to sales organization
- Execute service in our Service Centre's when required
- Train Field Service engineers in own organization if appointed as trainer or mentor for our training
- Ad hoc participation in Field Service related activities across the country.
Should your profile and experience match the stipulated requirements of the role do apply today. All shortlisted candidates will be contacted, should you not hear back within two weeks do consider your application unsuccessful.