Our client is a global industrial and mechatronics solution provider and are looking to hire a Field Service Engineer to join their Robotics division.
To work as part of a small, professional Field Service Team providing service, support and maintenance to our clients Customers throughout the UK and Ireland.
- To provide Customers with repair services either in-house or on-site, alongside services for troubleshooting, maintenance and basic programming for robots on scheduled, emergency or 24/7 basis.
- Diagnose, repair and maintain both 4- and 6-axis robot systems and associated controllers.
- Respond to customer service issues by telephone / electronic means as required.
- Document robot and related equipment performance, reporting the results for the purpose of troubleshooting, repair and restart of customer robot systems.
- Complete detailed Field Service reports for all customer calls, document any service interventions in the CRM database and complete all related administration.
- Coordinate responsibilities, activities and schedule with Field Service Team Leader, Team Members and Technical Manager to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Communicate frequently with customers to ensure that all expectations are being met.
- Liaise with the relevant our clients department in France for the return of parts under warranty.
- Maintain full visibility of stock including spare parts, ensuring that the appropriate administration is completed, and relevant IT systems are updated in a timely manner.
- Learn our clients robot programming language to be able to provide simple support and instruction.
- To be included in the 24/7 on call rota. This may require response to call outs outside of standard working hours.
- To deliver our maintenance/user training courses as and when required.
Skills & Qualifications
- Full valid UK drivers licence with a good driving record
- Valid Passport or capability to get a passport as international travel will be required.
- Higher level Engineering Qualification or relevant
- Minimum of 3 years automation and/or Technical Service experience
- Willing to undertake travel up to 50% to 75% of the time
- Experience of electrical/electronic and mechanical troubleshooting, preventative maintenance as well as repair and refurbishment.
- Experience of reading and interpreting electrical/mechanical drawings and related technical documents.
- Good communication skill, being comfortable liaising with all levels
- To work using own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Able to build strong Customer relationships
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Previous experience of working with SAP would be advantageous.