A leading renewable energy developer is looking to employ an experienced Financial Analyst to join their team in their Gauteng office.
You will be responsible for the financial evaluation of projects, from utility-scale wind and solar photovoltaic (PV) projects to smaller projects with direct off-takers and hydrogen. You will manage the modelling process and support commercial team members through the evaluation, structuring, tendering and financial close process to bring opportunities/development projects into construction.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Extension and maintenance of the existing modelling tools and tailoring financial models to suit local procurement programmes such as the REIPPPP, municipal off-takers, private off-takers, etc.
- Conduct profitability analyses for projects from own greenfield developments or during due diligence processes.
- Prepare the negotiations to secure project finance up to the conclusion of the financing at financial close.
- Reviewing and preparation of financing-relevant legal documents
- Compiling and maintaining an up-to-date contact database of the different equity, black equity, and debt providers in South Africa
- Obtaining term sheets from various debt, equity, and development funding institutions
- Support the raising of South African equity (including black equity) and debt (commercial and DFI, if project-relevant)
The successful candidate will meet the following key selection criteria:
- Degree (Bachelor, Master) in the commercial field, business science, project finance and/or economics.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in the energy industry and/or in investment banking, corporate or project financing.
- High proficiency in financial modelling of project-financed energy investments (ideally experienced in South Africa's renewable energy IPP programme)
- Knowledge and experience in the South African energy sector and renewable energy sector a distinct advantage.
- Industry knowledge and knowledge of the legal and political framework conditions in South Africa and internationally
What's on Offer:
- Market related
If you meet the key selection criteria, then please apply today.