We have a current opportunity for a Financial Reporting Manager on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Johannesburg. The main purpose of the role is the oversight of finance functions of Ivanhoe's DRC entities, including management of Sandton finance staff members who work on DRC entities. This includes high level review of monthly accounting packs (TB's, general ledger and sub-ledgers).
The role will require the preparation of OHADA financial statements and annual management reports for all of the companies entities in the DRC.
- Preparation of OHADA financial statements - this will require specific skills and knowledge of OHADA reporting requirements, which are applicable only to the DRC.
- The OHADA financial statements need to be prepared by February each year.
- The appointed individual would also assist with various other DRC reporting requirements, for example budgets, management reports etc.
- A experienced, French speaking finance resource is required to attend Board and Shareholder meetings with the organisations' representatives for the DRC entities.
- The appointed individual will assist and manage the DRC statutory audit teams to ensure the audit processis streamlined and no deadlines are missed.
- The appointed individual's excess capacity would be utilized to decrease the current load on the financial reporting team and it would be beneficial if he/she assisted with ad-hoc tasks (for example payment approvals).
Key Performance areas:
- Preparation of OHADA financial statements
- Automation of OHADA reporting process
- Management of external audit process
- Preparation of monthly reports for the central bank
- Preparation of quarterly execution reports for the directorate of mines
- Preparation of investment and financial plan for the directorate of mines
- Attend Board and Shareholder meetings
The role will require some travel to the DRC (Maximum of 12 weeks over a 12 month period).
- Must be fully fluent in English and French
- Accounting qualification
- South African Chartered Accountant CA(SA)
- Experience and understanding of OHADA reporting equirements
- Experience working with JDE
- Must be eligible to work in South Africa (Citizenship, Permanent Residence or Valid work permit)
For further information about this position please apply today.