Flight Test Instrumentation Engineer
Earthstream Global’s client are urgently looking for a Flight Test Instrumentation Engineer to join them on a full time basis in Japan.
· Bachelor degree along with a minimum of 1 year of flight test operations experience
A minimum of 5 years experience in flight test operations in lieu of the degree
· Excellent demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to defuse and resolve conflict among other team members
· Ability to quickly learn new software and systems
· Must be capable and comfortable working within a diverse team environment
· Strong oral, written, and presentation communication skills
· Knowledge in the use of 3D CAD tools (CATIA V5), and ability to create mechanical drawings and electrical diagrams.
· Experience in design of instrumentation installation of sensors, wiring and equipment
· Ability to perform strain gage installations
· Knowledge of flight test operations and certification requirements.
· Working knowledge instrumentation data systems, sensors, and aviation related data busses and communications protocols
· Knowledge on telemetry and data monitoring systems
As part of a multicultural team, you will be responsible for the definition and design of the instrumentation system.
Working from engineering requirements, develop procedures and drawings with limited guidance, and lead fabrication, installation, and trouble-shooting of instrumentation data acquisition systems and sensors.
Flexibility to make business travels and also possible relocation between Japan and US are expected.
FTI team leader: As a member of FTI team.
· Negotiate system requirements with customers and select appropriate sensors and devices.
· Design mechanical parts and wiring to accommodate sensors and devices
· Present design in reviews and discussion
· Create work instruction documents to support part fabrication and installation
· Set up and operate data acquisition system.
· Create calibration and functional check procedures.
· Perform calibrations and maintain records.
· Troubleshoot system issues and disposition discrepancies.
· Work effectively with instrumentation technician and maintenance teams
· Support test flight briefings.
· Support live monitoring of aircraft flights via telemetry.
· Domestic and international travel
· Work safely in aircraft environment
Expected Duration of the Contract:
From November 2018 and for an estimated 1 year thereafter up to MRJ-200 (MRJ-90) Type Certification (JCAB, FAA, EASA and others) and EIS. The contract duration may vary, depending on program situation, upon agreement.
Up to 5 days a week (home on weekends-based on project requirements)
Aerospace and defence