A successful multinational Oil & Gas services company is looking for an Accountant to join their Finance Team in Cape Town. The purpose of this role will be to assist the GL Controller in providing a centralized finance process for the business' African operations.
- Completed Bachelor's degree - Accounting/Finance
- Minimum of 5 years general accounting experience
- SAICA, CIMA or ACCA registered
- Experience from a finance or Oil & Gas environment
- Auditing experience
- String analytical & problem solving abilities
- Good communication & interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to work cooperatively & collaboratively with all levels of employees and management
Scope of Work:
- Process all supporting AP invoices accurately and on time through TAP and JDE.
- Ensure compliance of expense approval and supplier authorization for all transactions.
- Obtain contracts or services agreements for all suppliers and ensure approval process adhered to.
- Assist in preparation of payments process.
- Process all manual payments made and reconcile statements.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Obtain information for AP invoices for recharge.
- Prepare IC recharge invoices.
- Obtain IC invoices and supporting documents from IC partners and process.
- Reconcile IC balances.
- Ensure compliance of expense approval and authorization for all IC transactions.
- Prepare all documentation required to do international payments.
- Maintain Fixed Asset Register.
- Assist with monthly close process.
- Preparation of financial information and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule.
- Analyse revenue and expenses so they are recorded appropriately on an monthly basis and report on variance.
- Provide Operations with all financial information and analysis to support management decisions.
- Organize and preparation of monthly, quarterly, yearly financial information that meet the NOV reporting requirements in terms of quality of accounting, deadline and documentation of controls.
- Assist with organizing and preparation of information as required for statutory and tax audits.
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
- R20k - R27k base salary
- Additional Medical Aid & Pension Fund benefit
- Additional 13th cheque