A leading mining house based in the Northern Cape in South Africa is currently looking for a General Manager: Mining. The role would report directly to the CEO with 9 direct reports.
Purpose of the role:
To manage the overall operation and function of the mine and ensuring that operational efficiency and effectiveness. You will be responsible for ensuring the mining operations meet the business operations and the overall compliance and risk management of the mine is adhered to.
- Minimum tertiary qualification in management in the mining/ metallurgical or engineering discipline.
- A post graduate qualification such as an MDP/ EDP/ MBA or MBL would be preferred.
- At least 10 years experience in mining management
- Proven knowledge of mining operations, instrumentation and electrical engineering.
- Must be 4.1 Legal Appointment (GM)
- GCC - mines and works would be beneficial