Location: Remote Working / Office (Scotland)
Duration: 6 months
Main purpose of role
Reporting to the Drawings and GIS Manager, the GIS and Drawings Analyst will assist in the management of both the clients Renewable Operations GIS System and the Drawings Management System.
You will be required to produce maps, plans and data sets to support the use of ARC GIS Online platform across the operational business. This includes the production of Ecology plans, Environmental Risk Maps, Lease plans for Land Ownership, updating current datasets and creation of online web maps, applications and dashboards.
In addition to this you will provide support within the Drawings Team, in the creation of multi-disciplinary drawings, assistance in fault finding and bulk load of data if required, training will be provided.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the clients GIS and Drawing standard procedures.
- Responsible for sourcing of preliminary datasets for setting up new assets on ARC GIS Online platform.
- Responsible for sourcing of spatial datasets from external parties.
- Responsible for sourcing and managing spatial data sets ensuring all associated metadata and geographical information is up to date.
- Responsible for the creation of web maps, applications and dashboards for use on AGOL.
- Responsible for the creation of Ecology plans, Environmental Risk Maps, Lease plans for Land Ownership, existing and proposed.
- Responsible for identifying innovative value opportunities within the Drawings and GIS Team to support the operational business maximise returns on existing assets.
- Responsible for the provision of drawing management support to the operational business, including the production of multi-disciplinary drawings, training will be provided.
- Responsible for aiding the Drawings Team with fault finding and bulk loading data training will be provided.
- 3-5 years' experience and a strong understanding of ESRI's suite of GIS software in particular ARC GIS Pro and AGOL.
- Good technical knowledge and experience within field.
- Strong understanding of ESRI's suite of GIS software in particular ARC GIS Pro and AGOL.
- Knowledge of Autocad is desired.