Global Outsourcing Manager
Job Position: Global Outsourcing Manager
Report to: Director of Outsourcing Management
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Our client is looking for a Global Outsourcing Manager who is eager to make a mark to be a part of a challenging and exciting organization. This position will provide strategic sourcing and effective supplier management support to manage globally based service providers that support our clients programme Engineering and Customer Support division.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with vendors to assure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met.
- Analyze data to identify solutions to complex challenges that IPT leaders have, drive business decisions and communicate them clearly to stakeholders at all levels.
- Lead regular supplier performance reviews, identify gaps and engage with suppliers on improvement plans.
- Participate in workforce planning and budgeting activities in coordination with internal IPT teams and executive management as needed.
- Work closely with IPT group to draft appropriate Statements of Work.
- Manage service provider capacity through continuous engagement with service provider partners to assess active headcount, recruitment pipelines, and ongoing demand for resources from the IPT groups, to ensure optimum resourcing at all times on site to support our client's program.
- Work closely with Strategy/Financial Analyst, Contract Administration Manager, and Japan/MHI outsourcing manager to develop and implement standard process and procedures to apply to the entire outsourcing activities for the company.
- Lead negotiation plan development including mapping out detailed approaches, fallback positions, and acceptable terms and conditions for a successful outsourcing contract.
- Build performance based vendor relationships that lead to optimal pricing, quality improvements, process improvements, and delivery of world class solutions.
- Participate in Supplier Performance Review Meeting and Steering Committee meeting as requested.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience working with Aircraft or Automotive OEMs
- Bachelor's degree, plus MBA, PMP or other certifications from accredited institutions preferred.
- 3 years of experience working with outsourcing matters with a focus on; direct vendor management, setting and driving vendor strategy, conflict resolutions, process improvement, contracting, commercial negotiations.
- Experience interacting with a wide range of suppliers (e.g., Engineering service providers, testing laboratories, Independent Service contractors and headhunting and recruiting companies): initiating, negotiating and executing legal and/or technical agreements.
- Ability to support or lead development of strategic sourcing plans and dive deep in contract details with a solid understanding of how contracts are structured.
- Experience with supplier report cards and supplier management.
- Self-starter who can build sourcing/procurement credibility within internal groups not accustomed to working with outsourcing service providers.
- Ability to read and speak English and Japanese fluently and possess Japanese and global business culture understanding is highly preferred.
- Ability to build relationships and manage multiple stakeholders simultaneously.
- Ability to find solutions, solve problems and manage multiple stakeholders globally.
- Ability to perform well and produce results under pressure in fast changing environment
- Be comfortable and adaptable in the role depending on level of engagement required.
- Ability to sustain high levels of performance in a constantly changing environment