Earthstream are proud to be working with a specialist software business based in Cowes who provide software solutions that provide valuable insights and actionable information to operate facilities effectively, efficiently and safely in a profitable and more sustainable way.
Job Role: Graduate Software Developer
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000 pa
The Graduate Software Developer will work in an environment where teamwork, creativity and technical excellence are expected and enjoyed. Experience in C# or C++, strong coding skills, think logically, enjoy problem solving and is passionate about technology.
As a member of our software development team you will work alongside and learn from our experienced developers, applying your technical and problem-solving capabilities on new and existing projects in the design and implementation of software products and solutions. Reporting to the Software Development Manager you will work with agile and waterfall methodologies developing Microsoft Windows based software solutions in the field of process automation.
You will be responsible for the design and implementation of complex software components with adherence to quality processes that lead to the delivery of high quality software applications and solutions that satisfy customer requirements. You will have an understanding of the software development cycle with a high level of experience in design, implementation, and test .
As a Graduate Software Developer your remit will include:
- Production and review of requirements , functional and design specifications, for the development of software solutions deployed in the field at customer sites worldwide.
- Development and modification of software components adhering to quality standards in line with requirement, functional and design specifications.
- Review software components for compliance to quality standards.
- Production and review of test plans to carry out white box testing in line with the appropriate quality metrics.
- Planning, design and development of automated unit tests to improve efficiency and test recurrence.
- Creation and testing of software release media to include the relevant installation packages and documentation (user, installation and release).
- Diagnosis and assistance to other departments/teams for software issues including usability, configuration and coding related problems.
- Optimise the use of technology in the development of software solutions.
What you will bring to the company:
- Bachelor level degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar
- Knowledge of structured software development methods and processes.
- Experience in the development of software components in C# or C++ and strong coding background.
Candidates will have enthusiasm, good communication skills (both verbal and written), be customer focused, thrive on problem solving, have the desire for continuous quality improvement and be a team player.
What they promise to offer:
25 days' annual leave each year, in addition UK bank holidays. We have incremental increases of entitlement based on length of service.
Eligible to join the Company's group personal pension scheme on completion of 3 months service. Employer contribution 5% when Employee contributes.
Death in service benefit
If a member of the Company's group personal pension scheme, would also be included in the Death in Service Benefit plan. The plan is for 13 x basic salary to be paid to the nominated beneficiary in the event of death whilst employed by us.
Westfield Healthcare Plan (currently Level 3)
Become eligible upon successfully completing probationary period. The cost of the employee premium is paid on employees behalf (benefit premium is taxable)
Company Bonus Scheme
If the Company achieves the KPI's set at the beginning of the financial year a bonus payment is payable. The value of this bonus will be up to 2% of basic annual salary.
Employee Personal Performance Bonus (EPPB).
Eligible upon completion of probation period. The EPPB is determined at the annual appraisal review, based on performance the bonus is 0%, 1%, or 3% of basic annual salary.