Earthstream are proud to be recruiting a Electrical/Hardware Engineer for a true leader in advanced systems integration with a focus on operational technology & digital transformation for some of the most highly regulated and challenging industrial environments.
Job Role: Electrical/Hardware Engineer
Salary: Negotiable on skills and experience
As a Electrical/Hardware Engineer your remit will include:
We are looking to recruit an Electrical/Hardware Engineer to join our client and be part of a world class team as we begin to prepare for our upcoming exciting projects. The role is to design hardware systems mainly using proprietary hardware components for control panels and primarily focused on PLC's, MCCs, Drives & Controls, and Switchgear. Preparing, reviewing and checking necessary calculations and design. The work may involve limited travel with the possibility of some periods away at customer sites carrying out surveys and designing solutions
What you will bring to the company:
- Knowledge of designing electrical panels containing PLC's and LV distribution systems.
- Design of electrical cabling and containment systems
- Educated to at least degree level in relevant subject or HND with additional experience on project implementation
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical, Microsoft office word & excel.
- Must be able to achieve security clearance to at least SC level, and possibly DV
- It is essential that candidates have excellent communication skills as client contact and mentoring is required.
- A good working knowledge of related safety and environmental legislation.
- Able to develop technical solutions to meet project and customer expectations
- Thorough understanding of, or working towards, BS7671 IEE 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
- Understanding of IEC BS EN 61439-1,Low-voltage switchgear and control gear assemblies
- Confidence to work within a multidisciplinary design team
- Working with production to see the design through to completion.
- Worked previously in a highly regulated industry.
- Understanding of EMC practices
- Will hold or will be working towards Chartered or Incorporated Engineering status
- MEng qualification
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills in English
- Site experience (survey /install)
Ability to work in a team
Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
Flexible in their methods of working
Positive "Can do" attitude.
Problem solving mindset
What they promise to offer:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working
- Life assurance policy
- Private health care
- Lifestyle screening
- Salary sacrifice programme
- Mental health assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green car scheme
- Support in achieving professional engineer status (IEng, CEng) and professional memberships fees covered