We are seeking a Head of Economic Development, based in Cape Town, working for an International Renewable Energy company.
- Develop and implement strategies to aggressively achieve a high ED score on bids and take project to Financial Close in the REIPPPP
- Negotiate with EPC and O&M's during Financial Close
- Monitor delivery on the Economic Development commitments made by external parties associated with projects.
- Manage all ED reporting obligations to IPPO, lenders and other stakeholders.
- Manage communication with IPP Office on all Economic Development topics.
- Support the management of ED/SED program for its operational wind farms. Devise a long-term vision and measurable objectives to transform host communities.
- Consider, propose and implement a possible re-design of existing ED/SED program, in such a manner that will improve the company's ability to make aggressive ED commitments in its future bids.
- Design and Implement Economic Development strategies that will be applied at the various stages of a project cycle (i.e. during the development, construction and operations.)
- Manage certain aspects of relationships with local government and community stakeholders.
- Responsible to manage the Community Relation Management team who provides the necessary support to the Construction teams for all community related issues during a project's construction phase (e.g. community grievances, SMME procurement, strikes, site blockages...).
- Responsible to secure and implement a stakeholder engagement plan for all of projects under construction.
- Provide inputs on the development of a B-BBEE and ED/SED strategy which will be implemented for the partnership.
- Keep updated with industry best practices on the ED scorecard and other community/socio-economic related topics.
- Continually assess the success of B-BBEE and ED/SED programmes and strive to maximise the effectiveness of these programmes in providing upliftment to local communities.
- Managing the employee currently in charge of administering the B-BBEE and ED reporting activities of the Company.
- A degree in any of the following disciplines: Economics, Business Administration, Social Economics.
- Bid Submission and Financial Close track record in REIPPP and B-BBEE tenders
- Deep knowledge of the REIPPP Implementation Agreement( Bid Window 2,4, 5 & RMIPPP) Leadership and management skills and experience.
- Good reporting and writing skills.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of the International Finance Corporation (IFC)- Performance Standards and Compliance on social aspects.
- Fair Mining Charter (Bonus)
- Financial and Legal literacy
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in Economic Development preferably in the renewable energy space, but not limited to.
- Good interpersonal skills; able to influence others without having direct authority
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; in particular, good presentation skills at all levels (including local community meetings, board level presentations and press relations)
- Creative and innovative thinking
Offer: Market related salary with good bonus / benefits and relocation.