EarthStream Global is representing a global manufacturer of trucks and buses, they are currently looking to employ an experienced Health and Safety Manager to create and safeguard a healthy, safe, and sustainable work environment for all employees. As the Health and Safety Manager reporting to the GM: Human Resources, your main responsibility will be to support business unit managers in their Health & Safety work. The aim is to reduce the risks of accidents and health hazards and make all employees always feel safe at work.
The successful candidate will have some of the following responsibilities:
- Support managers to work with Health & Safety in a systematic way, integrated in daily operation.
- Secure that knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety policies, procedures and regulations are spread throughout the Business Unit
- Coordinate common Health & Safety activities within the business unit
- Plan and attend Health & safety audits and inspections
- Analyse and inform management team about high frequency and serious risk situation
- Train, coach and challenge managers and the organization toward working Safety and health with continuous improvements
- Maintain the normal situation, detect deviations and act immediately to eliminate them
- Participate and contribute to improvement activities based on a standardized working method
The successful candidate will meet the following key selection criteria:
- Relevant education or equivalent work experience in HSE
- At least 5 years Managerial experience in a similar role from Mining Services, Transport/ Commercial Vehicle , Heavy Engineering Industries
- Must be strategic, be able to device HSE strategies and policies and be able to implement them operationally
- Workshop experience would be an advantage