We have a current opportunity for a Health Manager - Congo on a 12 month renewable contract basis.
You will be managing the resources and activities required to achieve optimum health and productivity for employees in the business unit, providing functional leadership to enable the local occupational health and medical support teams to achieve this and to supply expert medical advice on all matters relating to health, in particular the health of employees at work.
Your responsibilities will be;
- Organization, implementation and follow up the Health Management System in the Business Unit.
- To organize and running of health promotion programs for the company.
- To design, implement and follow up the occupational health programs that include the matters related to occupational medicine (EG: fitness to work, health surveillance, ergonomics, etc) and Industrial hygiene (EG: catering and water, workplace monitoring program, sampling and monitoring of risks, Health Risk Assessment, etc)
- To implement and follow up the medical support service that include the medical attention, medical insurance, specialized net of attention, medical emergency response plan and medical evacuation service.
- Participate in strategic Company objectives and policies, e.g: obtain OHSAS 18001 certification, Sustainable Health Projects, standards and procedures, etc.
- Input of health standards into the company HSE-IMS (Integrated Management System).
- Setting standards for monitoring contractors with third party health & medical service providers.
- Participation in company HSE & HR activities
- Consultation regarding health surveillance activities and database development
- Coordination the administrative activities for control budget, third medical services, providers, duties and medical records. Develop and follow up the administrative matters related with health
- Identification, assessment and advice on health risks associated with Company's activities (including new project development), and the living environment.
- Perform the necessary health Reporting and audit activities.
- Provide Support to Community Health activities, Health Impact Assessment & Health social projects
- Active participation in the definition and evaluation of health contractual requirements for third party contractors during projects execution in the BU
Skills and requirements:
- Internationally recognized medical degree meeting the requirements for a medical doctor (mandatory)
- Certification and registration in occupational medicine or Public health or Emergency speciality (EU/US level or equivalent) with experience post certification experience - (Mandatory)
- Health Manager & Chief Industrial Doctor experience in an industrial setting, preferably in the Oil & Gas industry. (mandatory)
- A strong lead medical / health professional with broad expertise and experience to organise and implement a sound, integrated Occupational Health system for the Business Unit.
- Has a thorough understanding of HSE management system, matched with a vision of the importance of the health component, and the ability to translate this vision in practical solutions.
- Has the professional and personal stature to interface with, and influence, a wide variety of contacts, including management, staff, dependants, contractors, other health professionals, as well as stakeholders such as health authorities, NGOs and local communities.
- English writing and speaking. (mandatory)
- Italian writing and speaking. (mandatory)
- French writing and speaking. (mandatory)
- Availability to travel to all project locations. (mandatory)
- Technical Auditing course.
- HACCP audit course.
- Health Risk Assessment course.
- ATLS and ACLS (or equivalent) training.
Should the above realte to your experience, do apply today. Should you not be cotacted within 3 working days of applying do consider your application unsiccsessful.