The Offshore Projects HSE Manager will support our offshore project teams by ensuring HSE best practices are applied to The company's offshore project development activities in the UK, and also support other offshore project teams located in various markets around the globe.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Monitor and maintain an ISO accredited integrated management for occupational safety, health, and environmental management.
- Coordinate and support DRA and HAZID workshops and ensure control measures are communicated and delivered
- Manage and implement compliance to CDM Regulations 2015
- Ensure through appropriate monitoring and reporting tools the offshore engineering / offshore projects and contractors deliver against H&S Plans
- Implement The company's corporate SHEQ standards at offshore project offices, sites and with contractors and monitor compliance.
- Manage and maintain a legal register to track project compliance with applicable legislation and regulations in the UK, taking action to ensure compliance is maintained.
- Develop and maintain a training register for the offshore team and contractors, organising training and monitoring compliance with the register.
- Contribute to the development of HSE contractual requirements for offshore survey contractors, creating a suite of offshore HSE employer requirements for both short and long form contracts.
- Review consultants and contractors RAMS submitted to The company and other HSE documentation relating to project activity.
- Promoting and sustaining a positive safety culture that supports The company's SHEQ policy
- Monitoring offshore SHEQ events and engaging with incident investigations with contractors and consultants, as well as relevant authorities where applicable
- Liaise and communicate with other The company's HSE departments lessons learnt and where appropriate projects best practice
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree in Occupational Safety and Health and/or Environmental Management.
- Member of recognised professional institution desired (e.g. IOSH).
- Demonstratable continuous professional development within an HSE related role.
- Relevant offshore HSE experience essential, preferably within offshore renewables industry however other offshore/marine environments considered, with strong practical knowledge and experience in manging safety and environmental protection when working in a marine environment.
- In depth knowledge of UK legislation and regulations, particularly CDM Regulations 2015, applicable to development activities in the marine environment.
- Experience applying best practice standards in high-risk working environments, preferably within offshore renewables industry.
- Advanced IT literacy is essential with familiarity in using the suite of Microsoft Office software programs and document storage systems such as SharePoint, adopt and implement new systems, and maintain clear and concise HSE documentation and possess strong analytical skills.
- Ability to speak and write English fluently, with excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with colleagues in various countries in a complex and multicultural environment, capable of working autonomously with proficient organisational ability and commitment to meeting deadlines.