We are seeking an Industrial Relations Specialist, based in Mozambique, working for a leading Natural Resources company.
This natural resource company based in Mozambique has an opening for an Industrial Relations Specialist. The role reports into the Head of Human Resources.
This is a position suited for an Industrial Relations expert who can apply their knowledge and skills to create and promote a positive and healthy labour environment in a work place that has multicultural diversity.
The Industrial Relations Specialist plays a critical role to proactively help the employer and employees to maintain good relationships through employee’s representative, and continuously propose mitigation solution to minimize labour risk.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Creating and maintaining good relationship with the company and staff.
- Establishing new plans and policies.
- Providing research and solutions on compliance cases.
- Performing formal procedures of discussion on selected issues as required.
- Supervising and advising other staff to perform responsibilities related to their employment.
- Managing and reconciling employee disagreement or grievances.
- Developing programs to support employee relations.
- Discussing issues regarding employment regulations.
- Consulting with management about working conditions and advise in case there is labour risk identified.
- Giving correct suggestion on problems rising from employment bonds.
- Monitor & ensure compliance in term of Labour Legislation;
- Ensuring all employees are performing within the company plans and policies.
- Focusing employee relation strategies that meet up future business needs.
- Effectively managing all employment court cases and protecting organizational reputation.
- Maintaining relationships with internal system that help contribute to organizational development.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- High School degree; or three to five year’s related experience; or equivalent combination of education and proven experience.
- Strong understanding of the Mozambican Labour Legislation & related legal framework.
- Capable to identify and solve challenging conditions or labour risks.
- Strong sense of responsibility and leadership.
- Capability to provide high level of customer service.
- Analytical and logical thinking skills to solve complex situation.
- Extremely energetic, friendly and disciplined.
What's on Offer:
- Up to 130,000 MZN per month
- Accommodation; Single Room with all meals paid by the company
- 56 Annual leave days
- 100% Medical Aid contribution for employee and 75% for family members
- Life insurance of 3x Annual salary for employee death cover and 50,000 MZN for funeral expenses.
- Depending on the performance of the Mining, a Production bonus and Annual Basis Discretionary Performance Bonus may be paid.
- Transport expenses covered dependent on point of hire.
If this resonates with you, then please do apply.