Earthstream are proud to be working with a a technically driven business based in Derby with over 30 years of expertise; engineering and supporting high integrity control systems where failure simply isn't an option. These can range from small upgrades through to fully integrated turnkey solutions, covering all aspects of technology from control room to field devices. They supply the latest technology to various locations throughout the UK and Europe with their prestigious clients predominantly being within Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS), Highways, Airports and Power sectors.
Job Role: Installation & Commissioning Technician
Salary: £18,500 - £32,550 + premium hours allowance & overtime (depending on experience).
As an Installation & Commissioning Technician your remit will include:
A team player with excellent technical aptitude who has the desire to succeed. You will work as an Installation and Commissioning Technician within the control system industry having some of the following skills; we do not expect you to have experience in all these areas and for the right candidate on the job training and mentoring will be provided to fill any skills gaps you may have.
- Panel assembly: building electrical and IT panels
- Working with the project team to perform initial testing of system functionality in a test environment in the office. Including electrical circuits and equipment operation.
- Setting up system equipment with configuration settings.
- Factory acceptance testing: Working with the project team to formally test system functionality in a test environment in the office. Including electrical circuits and equipment operation.
- System installation on site: IT and cabinet equipment installation on site. Electrical power wiring. Termination of signal wiring within the system equipment.
- System commissioning: Working with the project team to perform initial system testing on site including control and monitoring of plant equipment and field devices.
- Site acceptance testing: Working with the project team to perform formal system testing on site including control and monitoring of plant equipment and field devices.
- Fault finding & rectification: Performing fault finding of electrical and system problems including any rectification work as necessary
- Equipment inspections: Inspection of system equipment either in the office or on site. Electrical installation certification of system equipment in the office.
- PAT Testing of office IT equipment.
- CAD: Production and modifications of CAD drawings
What you will bring to the company:
- BTEC Level 3 or HNC in a relevant Electrical engineering subject.
- Willing to travel throughout the UK, working days and nights.
- Full UK driving licence and valid passport required.
- Have no criminal convictions due to security clearances required by airport authorities.
There is plenty of room for growth and progression which is proven by most of the management team beginning their career with them as students.
What they promise to offer:
In addition to a generous salary, you can expect to receive some other great benefits too.
- 33 floating holidays to take when you like with your entitlement increasing by an additional 2 days every 5 years.
- Paid overtime.
- Company performance related bonus.
- Wellbeing benefit - a monthly instalment made in addition to your salary to contribute towards anything that makes you happy.
- Pension scheme.
- Anniversary celebrations it is important to us that we celebrate the commitment and value people have brought to our business over the years.
- Social events - If there is one thing about PDS, it is that we love to get social, so this is a big part of our culture.
- Flexible working giving you the ability to finish at 1pm on Fridays.
They take pride on being a great place to work but don't just take our word for it, here's what Graduate Engineer Sean has to say.
"Everyone here is beyond friendly! I enjoy the diversity of my work whether that be travelling to different locations or having the opportunity to gain experience on a multitude of equipment of varying ages, providing me with some great exposure. I particularly value the diversity of our engineers as each person has their own skillset and expertise. And in the short time I have been here I have met a lot of different people who have all entered into their engineering career from different routes; everyone shares their knowledge and experience with each other, and this has provided me with the foundations required to find my feet as a Graduate Engineer."