Do you want to be part of a long-standing team, who are experts in their field, where no two days are the same and where possibilities to develop new skills and experiences are around every corner? Our client is passionate about creating a friendly, open and inclusive working environment where individuals are supported to excel in their area of expertise. They are continually seeking out new ways to improve our business and are firm believers that everyone should enjoy what they do.
What they do… They are a technically driven business with over 30 years of expertise; engineering and supporting high integrity control systems where failure simply isn't an option. These can range from small upgrades through to fully integrated turnkey solutions, covering all aspects of technology from control room to field devices. They supply the latest technology to various locations throughout the UK and Europe with their prestigious clients predominantly being within Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS), Highways, Airports and Power sectors.
If you are a keen problem solver with excellent communication skills, looking for a challenging yet rewarding career in engineering, look no further. We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious Technician to join them on our mission to seamlessly deliver end-to-end control systems.
What they need from you.
A team player with excellent technical aptitude who has the desire to succeed. You will be trained as an Installation and Commissioning Technician within the control system industry; working with a mentor to develop the following skills:
- Panel assembly: building electrical and control system panels
- Working with the project team to perform initial testing of system functionality in a test environment in the office. Including electrical circuits and equipment operation.
- Setting up system equipment with configuration settings.
- Working with the project team to perform basic system tests in the office. Including electrical circuits and equipment operation.
- Equipment installation on sites around the UK for control system panels and devices including fixing, electrical wiring and termination of signal wiring within the system equipment.
- Working with the project team to perform initial system and field device testing on site during the commissioning stage of a project.
- Performing basic fault finding of signal wiring including any rectification work as necessary.
- Installation inspection of system equipment either in the office or on site.
- PAT (Portable Appliance Testing) of office IT equipment.
- Production and modifications of CAD drawings for equipment designs as produced by the design engineer.
- BTEC Level 3 or HNC in a relevant Electrical engineering subject.
- Willing to travel throughout the UK, working days and nights.
- Full UK driving licence and valid passport required.
- Have no criminal convictions due to security clearances required by airport authorities.
There is plenty of room for growth and progression which is proven by most of the management team beginning their career with them as students.
What they offer in return.
In addition to a generous salary, you can expect to receive some other great benefits too.
- 33 floating holidays to take when you like with your entitlement increasing by an additional 2 days every 5 years.
- Paid overtime.
- Company performance related bonus.
- Wellbeing benefit - a monthly instalment made in addition to your salary to contribute towards anything that makes you happy.
- Pension scheme.
- Anniversary celebrations it is important to them that they celebrate the commitment and value people have brought to the business over the years.
- Social events - If there is one thing about our client, it is that they love to get social, so this is a big part of their culture.
- Flexible working giving you the ability to finish at 1pm on Fridays.