EarthStream is working with one of the world-leading companies in the field of the energy and telecom cable system industry, after another successful Project tender our purpose is to help our customer maintain competitive advantage through quality Project staff growth.
We are looking for an Installation Project Engineer to join our Award-Winning customer in Bayreuth or in Wuppertal on a permanent or freelance contract basis.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring that engineering meets all implicit, explicit and mandatory requirements (the latter including environment, health and safety requirements of a technical and operational nature) of the Customer;
- Preparing a detailed plan of the installation route (including cable routes, cable layout, route and cable lengths, all instances in which the cables cross or run parallel with services, joint positions, etc.);
- Preparing installation technical documentation (e.g. installation manual);
- Planning installation activities;
- Drafting detailed technical specifications to be submitted to sub-contractors;
- Taking part in Customer meetings upon request by the Project Manager;
- Preparing final As Built documentation;
- Ensure operations are conducted in accordance with documented plans and procedures and ensure revisions are discussed and documented with PM;
- Ensure each operation of a particular project has been carefully pre planned and that procedures are documented and understood by the site personnel in advance of commencing operations;
- Ensure operations comply with applicable laws, regulations, standards, environmental policy & ensure that all practical measures are taken to protect the environment & prevent pollution.
Ideal candidate should have:
- 2/3 years of experience in similar role
- Fluent in English and German, written and spoken
- Knowledge of the land cable installation business/market
- Knowledge of installation engineering tasks typical of land HV systems
- Experience in installation activities planning
- Good relationship approach
- Team working capability
- Problem-solving and target-oriented
- Pragmatism. Capability to set and to handle pragmatically the priorities.
- Capacity to understand and conceptualizes complexity into concise frameworks
- Flexibility and capability to manage changes during the work
- Wish to quickly learn and get involved.
- Knowledge and familiarity with of all basic and common software like Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, AutoCAD, and in the use of the Web.