Japan/MHI Outsourcing Manager
Job Position: Japan/MHI Outsourcing Manager
Report to: Director of Outsourcing Management
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Our client is looking for a Japan/ MHI Outsourcing Manager who are eager to make their mark to be a part of a challenging and exciting organization. This position will provide strategic sourcing and effective supplier management support to manage Japan based vendors and MHI group companies that support our cleint's program. This individual should be able to develop robust strategies to provide best outsourcing solutions that would contribute to the successful launch of MRJ and beyond.
- Provide thought leadership and problem solve challenges to improve Japan based vendors and MHI Group company's performance and drive sustainable operations and deliver key business metrics for our client's outsourcing program.
- Analyze data to identify solutions to complex challenges, drive business decisions and communicate them clearly to partners and stakeholders at all levels. Lead regular business reviews, identify gaps and engage with partners on improvement plans to streamline Japan based Outsourcing operations.
- Manage programs for Japan and Group company vendor expansion and drive medium to long term strategies and manage new project transitions and participate in workforce planning and budgeting activities in coordination with internal IPT teams and executive management.
- Manage vendor capacity through continuous engagement with vendor partners to assess active headcount, recruitment pipelines, and ongoing demand for resources from the lines of business, to ensure optimum resourcing at all times on site to support our client's program.
- Work closely with Outsourcing strategy manager, Contract Administration, Global outsourcing manager to develop and implement standard process and procedures to apply to the entire outsourcing activities for the company.
- Lead negotiation plan development including mapping out detailed approaches, fallback positions, and acceptable terms and conditions.
- Minimum 15+ years of experience working with Aircraft or Automotive OEMs
- Minimum Bachelor`s degree, plus MBA, PMP or other certifications from accredited institutions preferred.
- 3 years of experience working with outsourcing matters with a focus on; direct vendor management, setting and driving vendor strategy, process improvement, contracting, commercial negotiations, in-house sourcing in Japan market.
- Experience managing global procurement responsibilities, using a strategic sourcing methodology, including: opportunity analysis and identification, supplier selection, risk and compliance evaluation, contract negotiation, and financial analysis
- Ability to both develop strategic sourcing plans and dive deep in contract details with a solid understanding of how contracts are structured.
- Experience with supplier report cards and supplier management.
- Self-starter who can build sourcing/procurement credibility within groups not accustomed to working with procurement.
- Ability to read and speak English and Japanese fluently and possess Japanese and global business culture understanding.
- Ability to build relationships and manage multiple stakeholders simultaneously.
- Ability to find solutions, solve problems and manage multiple stakeholders globally.
- Ability to perform well and produce results under pressure in fast changing environment
- Be comfortable and adaptable in the role depending on level of engagement required.
- Ability to sustain high levels of performance in a constantly changing environment