Earthstream have been retained by possibly the most exciting company in the Cable Engineering sector. My client is on a journey to becoming the biggest Manufacturer of subsea cables globally, with ambitious plans of producing 3,800KM of subsea cable for their own engineering developments over the next two years. They will be building 3 factories to produce their own cables and will grow from a team of 10 to 1,500 in the next 3-4 years, not to mention they will be building their own state of the art cable installation vessel to carry out the installation works.
They have got huge investment and the only thing missing is the key people to help them fulfil their goals and objects. With the above in mind, Earthstream are assisting them in finding experienced Jointing Supervisors to lead teams in the company factories and oversee all jointing activities. They are looking for people to grow with the business and establish themselves as future leaders within the organisation. There is a great salary on offer, relocation packages and also additional benefits to ensure they attract the best talent the industry has to offer.
Some on the responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Lead and manage the supervisory team who may have limited experience in preparing EHV joints.
- Be responsible for setting the standard of work required (as defined by the company) with respect to quality control and throughput.
- Ensuring that the team members are adequately trained to the level required to satisfactorily deliver certified joints.
- Highlighting any areas of weakness in the team and requesting additional support to achieve the required standard.
- Identifying and recommending process improvement initiatives
Qualifications as a minimum
- Minimum 400kV EHV AC land cable jointing work and preferably 320kV DC joints.
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with factory joints, repair joints (or field joints), cable accessories including terminations.
If you are open to a confidential conversation regarding this position, please send your CV to the email provided.