We are seeking a Land Rights Manager, based in Cape Town, working for a Leading Renewable Energy Company.
The role will be responsible for continuous review and updating of all templatised property related agreements (e.g. option agreements, notarial lease agreements etc) in conjunction with the Head of Legal.
You will be responsible for commercial negotiations pertaining to any land right processes to secure properties for the development of renewable energy projects as well as the Initiating, Planning, Execution (Organizing, Leading) & Controlling (including closing) of land option and lease agreements, from site origination through to financial close.
- Secure acquisition and lease agreements of required land
- Cooperate with land agents and other third-party stakeholders
- Manage Servitude Manager
- Interact with Pipeline Manager, Site Originators and Developers where required in the project development process.
- Relationship management of Key Stakeholders, especially Landowners
- Inform management of any potential property related risks and proposals on how to mitigate same
- Review all signed option agreements for completeness and correctness before it is signed by the client (e.g. domicilium addresses are correctly described, parties such as trusts, companies are correctly cited)
- Manage, implement and track all land rights agreements.
- Manage and maintain all land right options of the client, engage directly with landowners, stakeholders and municipalities as required.
- Provide [quarterly] updates on the progress to landowners
- Manage conveyancing process from the developer's perspective
- Liaise with external counsel relating to the registration of long-term notarial lease agreements etc.
- Put in place an internal management system of option agreements to manage and track the progress of e.g. due dates/end dates etc.
- Inform relevant stakeholders of upcoming expiry dates etc.
- LLB or higher
- Admitted attorney
- Proven experience on property related agreements
- Exposure to financial close process will be advantageous
- 3-5+ years' experience, ideally working with large renewable energy projects or infrastructure projects.
- Experience from similar role with same level of responsibility and tasks
- Previous experience with project-specific technology or similar
- Language skills in both English and Afrikaans