Earthstream are proud to be working with a licensed systems integrator for both Siemens & Rockwell systems delivering projects for both process control and special purpose machinery across a variety of industries.
Job Role: Lead Hardware Engineer
Salary: Up to £52,000 pa
As a Lead Hardware Engineer your remit will include:
The major electrical design aspects are as follows:
- Electrical protection of final circuits;
- Full load calculations;
- Discrimination of protection devices;
- Controlling inverters by hardwired or networking;
- Designing and dimensioning motor starter types such as D.O.L., SS and inverters;
- Design of Wohner bus bar systems;
- Volt drop calculations.
The controls aspects will be covered in the following duties:
- Dimensioning of PLC hardware racks;
- PLC RIO systems;
- Safety hardware (In conjunction with the safety engineer);
- ATEX design and I.S. circuits (In conjunction with the ATEX engineer);
- Networking arrangements (In conjunction with Software engineer);
- Control circuits such as interlocks and motor thermistor etc;
- Layouts of control panel assemblies;
- 24VDC systems and circuit protection;
What you will bring to the company:
The candidate shall be at the following level for usage on AutoCAD Electrical:
- Develop schematics using prescribed templates;
- Title block updates;
- Creating bespoke new blocks for schematics and GA;s;
- Revision control;
- Cross referencing on components;
- Signal references linking schemes;
- Terminal block generation;
- Report generation for BOM's, cables and terminals.
The candidate shall also be required to produce the following supporting project documentation:
- Cable schedules;
- 24VDC Load calculations;
- PLC I.O. schedules;
- Hook up diagrams;
- Loop diagrams;
- Panel test schedules
Assist in the test/ verification of electronic hardware once the panels have been built.
The candidate must be able to work to strict timelines due to the nature of the role. The candidate must be able to prioritise workflows to ensure that all project deliverables are met. Monitoring of hardware expenditure against the budget to ensure that projects met expected margins.