Earthstream are proud to be recruiting a Lead Hardware/Electrical Engineer for a true leader in advanced systems integration with a focus on operational technology & digital transformation for some of the most highly regulated and challenging industrial environments
Job Role: Lead Hardware/Electrical Engineer
Salary: £50,000 - £65,000 pa
As a Lead Hardware/Electrical Engineer your remit will include:
We are looking for enthusiastic & experienced engineers to join an existing Energy team to perform all aspects of E,C & I design and implementation. The role includes designing electrical and control systems focused on PLC based control panels but including cabling, MCCs, Drives & Controls, Switchgear and related EC & I equipment primarily within the thermal and hydro power generation sector although work in other sectors may be undertaken. The role will require the ability to undertake site surveys, develop electrical engineering solutions for cabling, undertake Control panel designs, prepare, review and check necessary calculations and designs when working with others whilst following procedures. The work will involve travel with the possibility of some short periods away at customer sites carrying out the surveys and designing solutions collaboratively with the customer.
This position would suit someone who has a good grounding in at least one of the following areas:-
- Electrical Engineering
- Control Panel Design and Build
- E & I Installation
and who enjoys working in an engineering environment, who is keen to become involved in all aspects of a project and is keen to learn and develop new skills as part of an experienced and committed team.
Summary of Role:
- Lead and drive the project team
- Review and approve designs developed by the team
- Ensure compliance of the team to agreed procedures/methods and standards with engineering design responsibilities.
- Interpret and verify customer supplied data, specifications and drawings.
- Lead/Produce system designs from customer supplied information
- Lead the Creation/modification of Design Packs including system drawings, general arrangements, schematics & wiring diagrams, site cable drawings etc.
- Produce client design documentation and test documentation
- Producing all necessary documentation to support the production of the systems such as FDS, Test Documentation, Manuals etc.
- Lead site surveys and assist in the preparation of Health and Safety Documentation
- Support Site acceptance testing/commissioning
- Support the production of tender documents and cost estimates.
What you will bring to the company:
- Experience of/competent in control systems within the energy market (or similar utility)
- Experience of/competent in field cabling systems (P, Inst, Contr and comms) including surveying and identifying routes, cable calculations for sizing and earthing/protection
- Experience of/competent in control panel design incorporating PLC, I/O, Comms cards, UPS's etc
- Educated to at least degree level in relevant subject or HND with additional experience of at least 5 years post graduate experience or 6 years post HND experience on successful project implementation in the above areas of expertise
- Computer literate with Word, Autocad and Excel experience.
- Methodical approach to the interpretation of customer requirements and delivery of project documentation
- Understanding of Full Project Lifecycle.
- Hold a current full driving licence (UK or be able to easily convert to full UK)
- Must be willing to go for a basic disclosure Scotland check.
What they promise to offer:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working
- Life assurance policy
- Private health care
- Lifestyle screening
- Salary sacrifice programme
- Mental health assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green car scheme
- Support in achieving professional engineer status (IEng, CEng) and professional memberships fees covered