Earthstream are proud to be recruiting a Lead Electrical/Hardware Engineer (T&D) for a true leader in advanced systems integration with a focus on operational technology & digital transformation for some of the most highly regulated and challenging industrial environments.
Job Role: Lead Electrical/Hardware Engineer (T&D)
Salary: Negotiable on skills and experience
As a Lead Electrical/Hardware Engineer your remit will include:
We are looking for enthusiastic & experienced engineers to join our existing Nuclear team to perform all aspects of E,C & I design and implementation. The work will involve travel with the possibility of some short periods away at customer sites carrying out the surveys and designing solutions collaboratively with the customer. Identified sites are in north Wales, Yorkshire and Scotland.
Lead and drive the project team. Review and approve designs developed by the team. Ensure compliance of the team to agreed procedures/methods and standards with engineering design responsibilities. Interpret and verify customer supplied data, specifications and drawings. Lead/Produce system designs from customer supplied information. Lead the Creation/modification of Design Packs including system drawings, general arrangements, schematics & wiring diagrams, site cable drawings etc. Produce client design documentation and test documentation. Producing all necessary documentation to support the production of the systems such as FDS, Test Documentation, Manuals etc. Lead site surveys and assist in the preparation of Health and Safety Documentation. Support Site acceptance testing/commissioning. Support the production of tender documents and cost estimates.
What you will bring to the company:
- Experience of/competent in control systems within the nuclear market (or regulated industry)
- Experience of/competent in field cabling systems (P, Inst, Contr and comms) including surveying and identifying routes, cable calculations for sizing and earthing/protection
- Experience of/competent in control panel design incorporating PLC, I/O, Comms cards, UPS's etc
- Educated to at least degree level in relevant subject or HND with additional experience of ideally 5 years post graduate / HND experience on successful project implementation in the above areas of expertise.
- Computer literate with Word, AutoCAD and Excel experience.
- Methodical approach to the interpretation of customer requirements and delivery of project documentation
- Understanding of Full Project Lifecycle.
- Hold a current full driving licence (UK or be able to easily convert to full UK)
- Willing to develop / mentor junior engineers, lead their professional progression whilst peer reviewing work.
- Preference will be given to those candidates demonstrating some or all of the following: -
- Specialist / extended knowledge or experience in ONE of the following
- Rockwell (Control Logix)
- Siemens (PC7S, TIA Portal)
- Schneider (M580, M340)
- Experience of Motor Control Centres - Specification, procurement, installation etc.
- Awareness of /understanding of DSEAR Regulations and Hazardous area applications.
- Awareness of /understanding of Functional Safety (IEC 61508/61511)
- Site Installation and Commissioning experience of control systems.
- Good understanding of BS7671 IEE 18th Edition Wiring Regs
- Ability to work to deadlines and budgets.
- Familiarity with Databases
- Due to the sensitive nature of some elements of the work undertaken, must be willing to undertake Security clearance checks.
- Natural Leader
- Ability to Lead/work as part of a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines and to motivate others to achieve the same.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be flexible in their methods of working.
What they promise to offer:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working
- Life assurance policy
- Private health care
- Lifestyle screening
- Salary sacrifice programme
- Mental health assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green car scheme
- Support in achieving professional engineer status (IEng, CEng) and professional memberships fees covered