The plant in question is a combined cycle, 3-Gigawatt plant, consisting of 8 F Series gas powered turbines and 4 C7 Steam turbines . The company provides roughly 70% of the electricity for the country and is one of the premier power gen companies in the world. This ex-pat role is an awesome opportunity to join one of the biggest and best companies around.
This role is the team lead of Instrumentation & Control Maintenance, it manages all aspects of the scope, including managing contract staff and other employees to ensure safe and reliable plant operations.
- Manager of day to day maintenance activities (I&C)
- Develop and supervise all activities for the day to day maintenance. Follow up with planned inspection on completed work to equipment within the plant.
- Learn the plant mechanical and electrical systems to trouble shoot problems and lead the maintenance team resolving those issues.
- Train and mentor junior staff on preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Develop training for I&C engineers and technicians.
- Work in tandem with the overall Maintenance Manager in the planning and scheduling of outage work etc.
- Inventory management - work with the Procurement and Stores group
- HSE - work closely with the HSE Manager on implementation of all HSE activities and policy implementation, inspection and audits.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree qualified engineer from an accredited university (Preferably in I&C or similar)
- 8+ Years working in O&M group of Combined Cycle Power Plant
- 3+ years working in a leadership role in plant maintenance
- 3+ years direct experience working with class F Gas Turbines (Must have)
- Maximo software experience or similar