Lead MWD hand - NE Region
Are you looking for a great company to work for? Earthstream global is looking for experienced MWD engineers/Lead Hands to join one of our clients growing teams in the NE Region. The client is a smaller oilfield company who have a strong record in the NE region and are growing fast due to a solid reputation and good performance with their proprietary tool.
- Operate MWD equipment and tools to successfully deliver customer requirements to the correct high standard that is expected.
- Experience specifically with Extreme EM tool, Velocity or EVO EM/Pulse MWD Tool
- Under remote supervision, tests all tools and equipment before, during, and after each job.
- Provide technical knowledge in areas which include mud hydraulics, pore pressure analysis, formation evaluation, drilling tendencies and mud systems.
- Ensuring all required equipment arrives at the well-site and is returned at the end of the job.
- Communicating with the Directional Driller/Drilling Foreman to ensure all MWD requirements at the rig site are met.
- Setting up all required MWD hardware and tools at the well-site including checking/testing all MWD tools.
- Ensuring and verifying that all drill collars and subs required for operating the MWD system are present at the well-site.
- Interpretation of MWD data to the Customer and/or DD supervisor.
- Ensuring that MWD system parts are serviced immediately upon completion of the job.
- Make sure all upgrades and modifications are completed to the MWD system hardware and software as advised by the MWD Coordinator/Operations Manager.
- Confirm all allocated MWD field equipment, stock and tools match the required standards as laid down by Standard Directional operating procedures. Report all exceptions, damage or missing inventory.
- Ensure all safety requirements of field MWD operations are adhered to and be fully aware of all requirements detailed within the safety parameters.
- Assist with training for apprentice field employees/green hands when required
- Responsible for appropriate care of vehicles, equipment and tools ensuring optimization of up time for the MWD equipment.
- Work with the MWD Coordinator and Operations Manager to resolve technical site issues.
- Maintain sustainable client relationships by supporting the Standard Directional drilling and client rig teams in providing MWD technical expertise and client consulting.
Years experience as MWD Engineer
- 5+ years or 2 + years as a Lead hand running the specific tools.
MUST BE LOCATED IN NE REGION - The client is based in the NE region and the work will be in the area on a 6 days on 3 days off rotation. As a result candidates will only be considered if the reside in the NE region of the US to cover work in WV, OH, PA etc.
Candidate must have eligibility live and work in the US without any visa sponsorship
- Competitive hourly rate + OT after 40 hours per week
- Per diem paid at $25/day
- Mileage Paid at IRS rate: $0.545/mile
- Benefits are offered including medical insurance
- 12 hours worked per day including when on downtime
- 6 days on 3 days off rotation (approximation).
- Steady, consistent work.