Earthstream are proud to be working with a licenses systems integrator for both Siemens & Rockwell systems delivering projects for both process control and special purpose machinery across a variety of industries.
Job Role: Lead Software Engineer
Salary: Up to £55,000 pa
As a Lead Software Engineer your remit will include:
This role is a varied and challenging mix of both overseeing projects and direct project involvement. The company are keen to upskill their existing automation engineers and you will aid in this by delivering a development programme. The company continually invests in its staff and gives excellent training and development. The business regularly sends staff on software training courses and offers great in-house skills coaching.
As a senior member of the team you will assist, mentor and train Automation Engineers to ensure that industrial automation solutions are delivered to the highest standards. You will also get directly involved in the company's most highly valued and complex projects.
You will see projects through from inception to commissioning handover at client sites.
The Lead Software Engineer role:
- Cradle to grave management of PLC and/or SCADA based control and automation systems;
- Understanding clients' needs by adhering to site standards or specification's;
- 80% office based and 20% travel (Pool car will be provided and all travel arranged);
- Face to face, telephone and e-mail client contact;
- Working on a number of projects simultaneously ranging in value between £20,000 to £500,000;
- Production of technical documentation (e.g. product specifications and quality plans).
What you will bring to the company:
Strong experience in the following areas SCADA / PLC / SQL / Automation / Scripting. These skills should be a given and preference will be given to the following expanded points:
- Prefer Siemens biased skills;
- SCADA development to customers specifications;
- SCADA scripting.
Able to train, mentor and supervise Automation Engineers.
Able to write complex programmes from scratch on ANY manufacturer's software.
If the candidate doesn't have strong scripting skills then advanced networking skills will be a viable alternative.