EarthStream Global are currently looking for a Mechanical Project Engineer to support on a permanent basis in London.
As Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for the engineering activities on a specific construction project. The activities associated with the project will vary and will be agreed with the Project Manager on an ongoing basis. You will co-ordinate the technical design with the onsite installation through to the successful commissioning ensuring that the companies vision, mission & values are fulfilled.
Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
- Colate all design documents and drawings
- Attend project Handover Meetings
- Evaluate value engineering or cost saving opportunities
- Preparation of co-ordinated drawings covering all aspects of the installation including mechanical, electrical sprinkler, structural and architectural elements
- Review and understand project design specifications and drawings and access compliance of co-ordinated drawings and technical submittals.
- Assist in the production of weekly progress reports
- Assist in the compilation and assessment of Technical Submittals.
- Processing requisitions, generation of purchase orders.
- Receipt verification (RV) of equipment and materials arriving on site.
- Seek to clarify queries with the design team through the request for information (RFI) system.
- Understand the commercial fundamentals of a project including profit plans, potential variation logs and take offs' etc
- Liaise and co-ordinate with members of the design team, contractors and in-house project team on technical and commercial issues.
- Attend technical meetings with members of the design team, contractors, and in-house project team
- Carry out document control, recording & transmitting information utilising File Key.
- Prepare method statements and risk assessments for production activities
- Organise and assess the work of sub-contractors.
- Carry out Quality Control through inspections and snagging including walking down of P&ID's, and layout drawings.
- Population of test packs and tracking of same
Necessary requirement of the Mechanical Engineer
- 3rd level qualification in Building Services Engineering / Mechanical Engineering or Senior Trades qualification or equivalent
- Significant Project engineering experience of 4 years+ with a mechanical contractor
- Previous record of delivering small to medium mechanical projects (Commercial, Industrial, pharma, data centre type projects)
- Commercial Awareness
- Capability of walking down mechanical systems to ensure compliance with specification
- Experience developing technical submittals, completing technical reviews and assessments.
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental systems and procedures - knowledge of the team, their strengths and weaknesses
- The ability to multi-task and manage many priorities
- Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills/communicates with impact
- Excellent record keeper and administration skills
- Leads and influences others.
- Innovates and leads in mechanical/technical activity and challenges.
- Plans and effectively manages projects.
- Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
- Is process driven and focuses on EHS and Quality Work Management Systems and Processes
- Mentor and Coach to junior engineers and graduates
For further information about this position please apply.