We have a current opportunity for a Mine Planner on a permanent basis. This opportunity is open to expats (6/2 FIFO rotation) and locals and based in the DRC Congo, Katanga Region. The role reports into the Chief Mine Planner.
The Mine Planner is responsible for the specialist planning function. This includes the onsite mine design, Short term schedules as well as the implementation of short term planning and controls. The work focus timeframe is typically 2 years.
- Set up the Planning System (Set planning standards for the effective implementation of the planning system)
- Implement the mine plan on suitable software provided
- Remedial action to counter deviant practices
- Implementation of planning standards and practices
- Lead mining team in the planning and scheduling process
- Mining Engineering or Mine Surveying
- Mine Design and Scheduling proficiency
- A minimum of 5 years in planning and Surveying
- Experience with Deswik Design and Scheduling packages
- Demonstrated ability to manage a monthly planning cycle effectively
Should you meet the above criteria do apply today. If you do not hear back within 10 days of application, do consider your application unsuccsessful.