We have a current opportunity for a Mining Project Manager on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Mozambique on an 8/2 rotation (8 weeks on and two weeks off).
The role reports directly to the CEO, the Project Manager will be responsible for managing the overall engineering and planning initiatives for the project. Responsible for commissioning and overseeing and acting as the primary interface for all necessary project feasibility studies, technical studies, socio-economic impact studies and environmental audits; assures all work done is to standard and meets project requirements; receives and interprets for management all studies, baseline and audit results.
- Lead and manage the project with multiple stakeholders: project engineers, EPCM, owner's team, and external construction management consultants as necessary;
- Ensure engineering employees and contractors carry out all work functions as per agreed work methods and to the required standard;
- Manage and develop, bankable feasibility study for the Morrua Lithium project;
- Manage all project functions related to project management, site management, project control, engineering management, procurement, construction management to meet the project's goals;
- Identify risks and ensure operational impacts are minimized;
- Manage and ensure QA/QC programs are effectively established;
- Monitor and conduct reviews of detailed project designs and drawing specifications;
- Manage engineering progress against budget and forecasted schedule;
- Lead and manage and oversee engineering budget, project schedules and project control budgets;
- Responsible for producing all engineering management reports and providing on-going status of the project;
- Maintain effective and on-going communications with construction and contractor management teams;
- Manage and monitor project QA/QC and commissioning systems and documentation;
- Manage other project engineering duties as assigned
- B.S. degree in Engineering
- 10+ years of project management experience.
- 10+ years of mining experience in operations, engineering and project evaluation;
- Strong track record of successfully completed projects in the mining industry;
- Experience in capital project management.
- Experience leading teams (Cross functional teams)
For further information about this position please apply with an updated resume in English.