Our client, a Solar EPC company, has a current opportunity for a O&M Technical Manager on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Stellenbosch.
The key responsibilities contemplated are set out as follows.
* Ensure effective delivery of all scope defined in the O&M contracts.
* Technical management of field service activities
* Implementation of online systems to optimise O&M functions
* Development of technological interventions to improve customer experience in terms of customer friendly monitoring applications.
* Setting up ISO compliant systems to enable effective, consistent and comprehensive performance monitoring, inspection and preventative maintenance of solar plants.
* Management - Managing systems to enable effective, consistent and comprehensive performance monitoring, inspection and preventative maintenance of solar plants. - Oversee and manage field service activities.
* Monitoring and reporting - Setup monitoring systems and customer visualisation displays; - Monitor and evaluate solar and battery storage plant performance; - Compile and issue reports to client; - Log, assess and monitor plant errors/faults; - Oversee activities of cleaning subcontractor;
* Inspections and reference tests at solar plants: - Regular plant visits: Quarterly, bi-annual and annual (as per offered O&M schedule); - Visual inspections according to protocol; - Mechanical integrity tests; - PV & Battery Storage tests; - Inspections and testing of electrical connections; - Record keeping
* Preventative maintenance
* Corrective maintenance
* Troubleshooting / Repairs - Respond to system faults within the contract specified times; - Liaise with suppliers regarding fault finding procedures and corrective actions, - Perform on-site interventions and corrective maintenance - Initiate warranty claim procedures if required;
* Customer care - Telephone support for client / client technician; - Annual courtesy visits to clients; - Training of customer personnel with regards to operation and maintenance of plants;
* Additional tasks may include: - Site assessments during bidding phase; - Oversight of Construction activities - Product research with respect to monitoring software applications; - ISO administration. - To support in training staff with respect to OHS, SHEQ requirements and best practices.
Min. Qualifications and Experience
* The O&M Technical Manager shall be qualified to Technical diploma or degree level in an relevant discipline (engineering, business process or environmental science).
* The O&M Technical Manager shall have a minimum of 5 years' post-graduation experience working in a O&M and field services management disciplines.
Experience and core competencies
* O&M Monitoring Systems
* Technical troubleshooting
* Team Management
* Experience in Solar Industry is beneficial
* Experience in Battery Storage is beneficial
* Strong IT skills - MSOffice;
* Basic database management;
* Documentation and record keeping skills;
* Technical understanding;
* Excellent interpersonal skills;
* Proficiency in the English and Afrikaans languages. Other languages are of advantage;
* Technically savvy
* Reliable and excellent time management;
* Well organised and structured work method;
* Systematic with capturing of information;
* Attention to detail;
* Ownership of the role and tasks;
* Ability to prioritize;
* Ability to cope with multiple tasks;
* Perseveres and remains focused on tasks until the desired objective is achieved, does not quit after meeting resistance or rejection, maintaining a constant level of positive energy
* Critical and questioning;
* Must be able to stand one's ground with suppliers and contractors;
* Ability to work as a key member of a small team and to work independently;
* Good telephone skills. Essential to follow-up by phone and record by email.