We have a current opportunity for an O&M Technician on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Seychelles.
You will form part of a small team and be responsible for all operation and maintenance on 4 different islands. Work on Off grid systems as well as Commercial and Industrial projects.
- Good understanding of diesel gensets and be able to fault find and do maintenance
- Establish timelines and schedules based on the project schedule and contracts to ensure successful interconnection, commissioning, and compliance
- Managing multiple projects at the same time
- Able to manage a solar construction site
- Plan and manage engineering resources to ensure tasks are completed and delivered on time, especially with regards to detailed design and contract technical inputs.
- Ensure all technical parameters in the Project Documents (such as the functional requirements) are incorporated in the Final Project Design
- Commissioning experience would be beneficial
- Careful management of the detailed engineering process, ensuring that engineering output is provided timeously as per the project programme and functional requirements
- Budget and Performance oriented
- Be Proactive in everting you attempt
- Must have a problem solving mentality
- Strong verbal and written Communication
- Leadership capabilities
- BSc or BEng or BTEch in Engineering is preferred
- Minimum 2-4year experience in the C&I Solar industry