Location: UK or EU office
The Business Development Manager will be a full time member of the Business Development team and will work closely with our Offshore team on the securing of new contracts within the offshore market. The main areas of focus will be supporting the establishment of a well-paced project pipeline within the offshore sector. The role will also involve working closely with our support teams and external consultants.
Whilst the role will mainly cover Offshore services, there will be opportunities to be involved in Asset Management and O&M opportunities across all of our key technologies. This is an exciting new role within THE COMPANY and the successful applicant will be a key member of a team with ambitious growth targets.
As a Business Development Manager (Offshore) you will:
- Support the coordination of the origination and development of Offshore-to-X projects and business cases;
- Support offshore-driven project development activities by implementing hydrogen and sector-coupling options;
- Engage with local and regional external project stakeholders, especially sales, offtake and cooperation partners;
- Understand existing business cases, support the development of new and project specific commercial optimization options, evaluate specific H2 and electricity offtake and partnering options;
- Engage and align with internal stakeholders, departments and the respective project leads and teams on the offshore side;
- Assist with the representation of THE COMPANY Renewables on hydrogen related topics at local and regional stakeholder events, in networks and towards respective authorities;
- Work closely with other THE COMPANY subsidiaries on the development of joint business cases.
- Fluent English language skills; Additional European language skills of advantage;
- Strong numerical, research and strategic analysis;
- Ability to manage own performance, with a significant focus on delivery and an ability to balance a varied and challenging workload, whilst producing high quality results in demanding timeframes;
- Hands-on approach, flexible, confident and open minded manner;
- Ability to use Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint) efficiently and CRM systems.
- Experience of working in the offshore renewable energy industry.
- Ideally first experience in the hydrogen value chain, ideally coupling Offshore Wind and hydrogen, system integration or hydrogen production/ transport;
- Some experience in Business Development, Marketing, Communications, Partnering, Sales and Stakeholder Management
- Degree in Engineering, Renewable Energy, Business or equivalent qualification is desirable, but a proven background in a meaningful business