Offshore Wind Turbine Project Engineer
Remote working UK with occasional travel to Holland.
- Responsible for developing employer's requirements for a European offshore project and potential future UK based projects.
- Undertaking and being accountable for specific activities within the Wind Turbine Package, such as: preparing project specific documents for invitation to tender processes, and interfacing with other work packages and engineering disciplines.
- Taking the lead on interface management between WTG and other packages for the integration of innovations with the WTG.
- Participating in wind turbine contract negotiations with the WTG manufacturers.
- Managing engineering project risks, ensuring they are identified, mitigated, and escalated where required.
- Working as part of international multi-discipline project teams to support the safe and efficient design, procurement, and delivery of the wind turbine package ensuring compliance against the Large Capital Projects governance framework and ensuring project objectives are met.
- Engaging with WTG suppliers to raise any technical queries raised by any other teams and /or related to the WTG proposal for the project.
- Reviewing and promoting innovative solutions to enhance the value of the projects.
What does the person need?
- Outstanding interpersonal, influencing and communication skills, which you will be capable of adapting to all management levels and in diverse business cultures.
- Experience of drafting and negotiating technical requirements in WTG contracts
- Experience of construction and operation of offshore wind farms would be beneficial.
- Strong commercial acumen and a firm grasp of the context and implications of engineering activities and decisions.
- Ability to adhere to, understand and advocate the highest standards of Health and Safety legislation and practices.
- High level of competence in using IT systems with capability in writing technical reports concisely and to a high standard.