Earthstream are proud to be recruiting for a Operational Technology Engineer for a leading Systems Integration business based in North Carolina.
Job Role: Operational Technology Engineer
Location: North Carolina
Salary: $100,000 - $150,000 pa depending on experience
Our client is a well know and growing system integrator, specializing in industrial automation and information solutions. Our client collaborates with their customers to identify and select best-in-class platforms, design and implement systems, and provide verification and validation documentation and services. Turnkey capabilities include UL panel fabrication and installation and system commissioning.
Our client has developed exceptional depth in PLC, HMI, DCS, and information applications in the following process industries: Renewable fuels including Nuclear and Green Hydrogen, Oil & Gas, Chemical, Food & Beverage, Life Sciences, Power Generation and Pulp & Paper.
Our client's strength is its people. Most come from Plant Operations and System Integration backgrounds with deep technical experience. That along with a history of successfully delivering projects is what sets them apart.
The Information Technology/Operational Technology (IT/OT) Engineer participates as a member of the OT Capability Team to help execute external and internal IT/OT projects. This position reports to the OT Capability Team Leader. The IT/OT Technology Consultant plays an integral role of an IT/OT Subject Matter Expert (SME) by actively participating in IT/OT projects. Responsible for leveraging technical domain knowledge to help our client customer's define project scope in Front-End Loading Projects as well as the design, configuration, and deployment of IT/OT technologies for our client Integration Projects. A strong foundation in Industrial Networking, Virtualization, and Server Builds are core to the role.
- Participate and/or leads FEL projects to help clients define requirements for Industrial Networks, System Architectures, Industrial Data Centers (IDCs), Virtualization, and OT Hardware/Software selections.
- Familiar with networking and cyber security standards such as IEC62443, NERC CIP compliance, enterprise data historians and data analytics tools
- Understands common networking protocols (PRP, DLR, STAR) for high availability considering pro and cons of different approaches.
- Experience in designing Industrial Data Centers based on client needs.
- Ability to create virtualization environments for the engineering teams, build virtualization server images, configure various Microsoft Operating Systems, and configuration of Domain Controllers.
- Leads the implementation of new IT/OT technologies in a way that improves efficiencies, builds competitive advantage and/or increases our value in the IT/OT industry market
- Maintains an up-to-date working knowledge of products, services, newly developing IT/OT technologies, trends, evolutions, and practices
- Showcases their individual talents with clients while presenting at conferences, in writing, or one-on-one with clients
- Stays abreast of shifts and trends in the IT/OT industry, to adapt and evolve our business.
- Assist in development of Commercial Content to show the thought leadership and staying abreast of industry and technology trends
- BS in Engineering, Network & Systems Engineering (Information Technology/Electrical/ Electronic) or any technology related field
- Industry expertise in the IT/OT industry
- Experience with MS SQL Database programming
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of information technology architecture principles and processes
- Proven ability to think long term, strategically, with emphasis on business strategy
- Understanding of system integrator business model and best practices is a plus
- Excellent verbal and communication skills to drive client discussions regarding scope and requirements.
- Experience working with technology such as VMWare, Virtualization, Switch configuration, Industrial Networking, Server System Builds, Database Configuration