Develop and maintain relationships with clients within the Transmission & Distribution field. Develop and implement strategies to increase sales within the state of Texas
- Grow customer base to achieve sales goals on a monthly basis within assigned region.
- Cultivate and maintain customer relationships with electrical contractors, distributors, end users and utilities; Call on current, future, and past customers; Conduct regular customer visits in order to build/maintain strong customer relations.
- Create and maintain positive relations with vendors, internal business unit leaders and strategic business relationships; utilize contacts to ensure our customers are getting the best value and support.
- Apply industry knowledge to offer technical / practical options to both internal and external customers; Provide consultation to customers regarding electrical solution needs
- The ability to make outbound sales calls.
- Work with internal departments to ensure customer transactions are processed accurately and efficiently.
- Schedule services with customers and field service team; Prepare all necessary work for field service team before services are performed; communicate service expectations and job details to field services team.
- Develop and implement trade area sales strategy in conjunction with CGO of sales and business unit leaders; Attend/support applicable customer events, trade shows
- The ability to have a sales strategy to increase revenue, to work with internal and external clients, follow-up with all request and sales meetings, work with inside sales team and self-manage sales schedule and projects.
- Participation in sales and budget planning in the designated region.
- Follow up on all deliveries of materials to ensure job stays on schedule.
- Perform site visits and job walk throughs to ensure profitable quoting.
- Prioritize and formulate an appropriate schedule to execute client work: Generate work orders for technicians.
- Conduct client communication in a highly customer service-oriented manner and potentially expand the scope of project work as well as negotiate any extra charges associated with work performed.
- BS in related field; Minimum 5 year experience and/or a combination of experience and education. Sales Experience Preferred.
- Strong product knowledge of multiple brand electrical switchgear and devices- control products and electrical distribution.
- Knowledge of various industry standards such as: NETA, NEC, OSHA and NFPA. Strong background and experience in most types of high voltage equipment through the 230 kV class.
- Proven Sales experience-creating opportunities, creating and closing sales, excellent customer relations.
- Proven Sales experience in the utility and industrial market