Outsourcing Project Manager
Job Position: Japan/MHI Outsourcing Project Manager
Report to: Japan/ MHI Outsourcing Manager
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Our client is looking for a Japan/ MHI Outsourcing Project Manager to provide a project management support including, baseline and data analysis, market research, strategy development, business planning, bid analysis, vendor and contract negotiation and implementation for managing our client's Japan based service providers.
- Provide project management support to Japan/MHI Outsourcing Manager.
- Coordinate schedules and deliver status reports.
- Prepare project management documentation for Outsourcing Managers.
- Assess project issues, and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and the company`s set goals and objectives.
- Managing high to mid-level supplier relationships in support of Japan/MHI Outsourcing Manager.
- Support the implementation of performance based vendor relationships that lead to optimal pricing, quality improvements, process improvements and delivery of world class services.
- Research, Develop and manage supplier base for specific categories assigned.
- Providing analysis and support for better business decision-making regarding Japan based Outsourcing needs.
- Ensuring risk is mitigated and optimization of total delivered cost is achieved by suppliers.
- Working with client stakeholders to embed a formal, fact-based purchasing process in all Japan based Outsourcing activities for our client's program.
- Support continuous process improvement and cost reduction.
- Lead preparation for Supplier Performance Review Meetings with Japan based suppliers.
- Using creativity, Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 5 years of hands on Project Management experience working with Aircraft or Automotive OEMs or Tier-1 suppliers. (PMP preferred)
- Experience managing global outsourcing projects, including: opportunity analysis and identification, supplier selection, risk and compliance evaluation, contract negotiation, and financial analysis.
- Experience with supplier report cards and supplier management.
- Self-starter who can build sourcing/procurement credibility within groups not accustomed to working with global outsourcing service provider’s scheme and its standards.
- Ability to read and speak English and Japanese fluently and possess Japanese and global business culture understanding.
- Ability to build relationships and manage multiple stakeholders simultaneously.
- Ability to positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Be comfortable and adaptable in the role depending on level of engagement required.
- Ability to sustain high levels of performance in a constantly changing environment