We have a current opportunity for a Plant Manager - on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Port Elizabeth. For further information about this position please apply.
Aspire spearheading a plant's Operations and Maintenance for a global powerhouse? If you are looking to join a company with a defined succession plan into becoming the CEO this is just the opportunity for you.
- Implement procedures, rules and systems such that the facility is operated safely with optimum efficiency, availability in accordance with the requirements of the Agreements.
- Operate and maintain the plant to the standards of a Reasonable and Prudent Operator and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Meet the set budgeted outcomes.
- Establish and maintain staffing requirements as per approved organization structure and ensure that all staff is competent and productive.
- Implement the Annual Operating Plan.
- Implement effective and economical operating methods and techniques and approved technology changes.
- Implement plans and procedures to achieve optimum availability and operating efficiency of the Facility
- Work management with a summary of daily log sheets, daily performance reports, monthly performance as well as operating and maintenance activities with any recommendations of modifications and an annual report.
- Ensure that incident reports and root cause analysis reports with remedial and improvement actions are completed.
- Review requests for spare parts purchases made by department heads.
- Chair at least weekly meetings with department heads to discuss operating conditions, maintenance progress and any difficulties relating to planned activities for the following week.
- Recommend operating procedures and standards to contracts manager to fulfil contract requirements.
- Recommend for approval by the CEO new maintenance plans, procedures and schedules to fulfil Facility requirements.
- Recommend and report on a regular basis to the CEO as per contract requirements.
- Operate under the Delegation of Authority as approved in the board of directors.
- Recommend to the CEO any proposed major modifications in the basic organization plan intended to achieve better results in terms of productivity, efficiency and coordination.
- Implement efficient and effective maintenance methods and techniques.
- Implement effective monitoring and reporting systems.
- Recruit, train and appoint personnel as per approved organization chart in order to effectively carry out Facility activities in accordance with the Agreements.
- Maintain effective relationships with all subordinates at the Facility and maintain high levels of motivation and safety awareness of all staff.
- Maintain effective relationships with all sub-contractor staff and suppliers to the site or contracted to perform work for the site,
- Manage the fuel supplier and the fuel transporter.
- Recommend for approval to the CEO the selection of personnel with proper qualifications to fill the subordinate positions under his jurisdiction.
- Sanction various types of leave periods for subordinates.
- Recommend and submit to the CEO proposals regarding any promotion, dismissal or disciplinary action for employees under his jurisdiction.
- 10 years' experience in a production plant environment, preferably in power plants, at least 5 years of which should have been in the capacity of Maintenance or Operations Manager.
- Knowledge and experience of Gas Turbine operation, v94.2 Siemens or Ansaldo units preferred.
- Knowledge of the main database platforms used - (Maximo, MS Office)
- Ability to act independently to prioritize, initiate, resolve and complete actions required to take the business forward to meet goals
- Interaction with operation, maintenance, administration and HSE
- Experience in dealing with government authorities advantageous
- Knowledge of Plant Management
- Used to working within a multi-cultural environment is advantageous
- Knowledge of joint venture operations within a multinational business environment
- Proven delegation skills and able to create a work climate where people are empowered to take action
- University Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- Relevant management qualification (MDP)
- Demonstrated competence as a generalist in O&M management
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal English
- Afrikaans/Zulu is an advantage
- Databases, Word Processors, Spreadsheets, PowerPoint and Enterprise Resource Planning applications (Maximo/SAP or equivalent).