Location: London, UK
Overview of job
Based within the the company Operations function, the PMO Manager is responsible for supporting the delivery of the operational and capital transformation projects and initiatives across the across UK business.
This is a key Programmes role with accountability for supporting the delivery to time cost and quality objectives, taking responsibility for helping to shape the PMO and implementation of strategy and governance controls for the Transformation Programmes.
Leading the implementation of PM methodologies, ensuring standards and compliance with reporting tools that help drive successful delivery across all projects, you'll ensure adherence project management procedures, methodologies, guidelines, and best practices ensuring consistent application
Excellent organisational and stakeholder management skills will be required.
This role will report to the Director of Programmes with key stakeholders being the the company executive, Operations Director, Operations Team, COO, Partnerships, Finance and the General Managers of the Regions, TfL, Roadside and Fulfilment
In the first few months, you would have
- Got to know the Programmes and wider operations teams and understood the key requirements of stakeholders in different parts of our business
- Fully understood the programmes and scope of deliverables and the key dependencies and interfaces across teams, functions, categories, formats and business objectives
- Developed the initial PMO requirements and roadmap and commenced reporting into key governance forums
Responsibilities of the role
- Provide support and guidance on programme and project management processes, procedures, software, tools, and techniques
- Assurance of Programme and Project Management reporting and tracking of programme/project progress and performance
- Administrative services to Steercos, Programme Boards and related governance
- Support project gate reviews with the Project Managers, providing quality assurance of gate materials in preparation for review and sign off.
- Escalate issues and ensure change control methods and processes are embedded and followed.
- Oversee the key planning and administrative aspects of the Operational and Capital investment project workstreams
- Commercially integrate new assets into the business and control information to other teams concerning key project stages and commercial impacts
- Support the Partnerships team as required on new bids and tenders
- Clear reporting and tracking against the Programme key deliverables
- Risk and issue management, critical path monitoring, financial and change control
- Developing a strong network of key internal and external stakeholders to facilitate effective communication, control, and business integration.
- Excellent relationship and stakeholder management of key internal clients with clear communication and effective escalation channels
- Manage project costs throughout and support, through the administrator, the control of Purchase Orders, requisitions, and invoices
- Communicate programme performance and outcomes in a timely way with relevant stakeholders and materials
- Develop additional PMO tracking improvements to assist in managing more detailed aspects of the overall project performance and deliverables.
- Identifying and maintaining dependencies within programme/project schedules.
- Work with internal and/or external clients and partners to understand their priorities, issues and success measures.
What you will need
- 3+ years experience of working within major capital or operational business programmes and the PMO environment
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and verbal/ written communication skills
- Proficiency in Project, Visio, and all standard MS Office programs
- Experience in supporting bids and tenders
- Demonstrates exposure to Governance and Risk management
- Ideally, Project Management trained/qualified
- Focussed on outcomes and deliver with energy and determination
- The ability to Inspire others to create an environment where change is embraced, adopted and sustained
- Strong communicator - confidently conveys complex messages and information, concerning progress, problems, and their solutions
- Demonstrates the ability to engage and communicate persuasively with a broad range of stakeholders, up to and including board level
- Highly organised, self-driven and confident in challenging under performance and exposing and escalation of risks and issues
- Keeping it simple, cutting through complexity and seeking optimal solutions to problems and opportunities
- Comfortable operating in fast paced, highly commercial and matrix environments
- Ability to review situations from a number of different perspectives