An exciting opportunity for a Primary Design Engineer who will contribute towards the effective execution of the Primary engineering activities within projects and tenders for AIS & GIS substations across Europe. You will focus on the electro-mechanical engineering and its interfaces and scope of work involved in HV substation design and construction projects.
- Technical Lead of electro-mechanical engineering of large and complex HV AIS & GIS Substation projects up to 400kV.
- Provide substation layouts and associated detail drawings and documents by established applicable standards, processes and customer specifications through allocated resource locally and in other business units.
- Develop technical concept, technical specifications, selection of components and connection material considering costs, quality, international standards, and material.
- Provide technical calculations, technical purchasing specification and schedules for primary equipment.
- Provide information for civil designs and coordination of interfaces between construction planning, steel structure engineering and component suppliers.
- Prepare bill of quantities & cost estimation, deviations & clarifications.
- Review of Suppliers design, Factory acceptance test plans, attend factory & site tests.
- Expert knowledge in Substation design and engineering, Layouts, Primary design & calculations, Grounding & Lightning design, Steel design inputs, transformers, HV & MV Switchgear systems,
- Knowledge of system studies like load flow, short circuit calculation, insulation coordination; Single Line Diagrams, Auxiliary Power AC & DC Systems, power cables.
- Knowledge of secondary engineering and experience in Installation & Commissioning is a plus.
- Strong in MS Office & handling design calculation tools, knowledge in MicroStation and AutoCAD is required.
- Bachelor or Master in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.