We have a current opportunity for a Primary System Design Engineer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Castle Donington and offer a hybrid working model.
As a Primary System Design (PSD) Engineer you will be responsible for the design of the 132kV, 66kV and 33kV distribution network system and for the provision of technical support to Network Services.
- Assessment and design of new demand and generation connections up to 132kV.
- Preparation of Connection Offers, budget estimates and feasibility studies.
- Liaison with customers and management of customer connections.
- Assessment of the EHV Network for compliance with our Distribution Licence for New Connection enquiries.
- Design of network reinforcement schemes and production of capital sanctions.
- Provision of support to Network Services on design issues such as generator connections, PQ issues, and major replacement schemes.
- Liaison with other departments within WPD, such as Network Strategy, Projects, Engineering Design, Policy and Wayleaves.
- Design and support of earthing systems and power quality.
- Design and support for ANM implementation.
Skills & Experience
- You should be self-motivated and demonstrate a clear knowledge of the principles and issues associated with EHV network design.
- The ability to present information in a clear and reasoned way, together with an open yet analytical approach to problem solving, and good computer skills are essential to the role.
- A familiarity with network analysis tools would be an advantage.
- An Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent qualification is desirable.
*Please note the successful candidate may initially be appointed at a lower salary until all relevant courses and training are complete.