Our client, a world leader in Energy solutions and renown name in the United States are currently sourcing an experienced Principle Electrical Engineer. The Principal Engineer will work with corporate or plant operation teams to drive continuous improvement goals. May assume the duties of technical lead for small to medium sized capital projects and subject matter expert / key technical resource for small to medium capital programs.
Locations can be Morristown, NJ or West wareham, MA
Reporting directly to the Manager of Electrical Engineering the Principal Engineer will perform design, review and approval of engineering deliverable on various assignments at operating facilities. Assignments will include providing support for facility upgrades, capital projects, outages, equipment failures and business development needs. May be assigned to lead, manage and execute electrical projects/programs.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from an accredited Institution. Registered Professional Engineer in NY/NJ/PA/MA or the ability to obtain future licensure is required.
- Minimum 10 years engineering experience.
- PE license is highly desirable. In lieu of PE, EIT is required
- Must have experience with High, Medium & Low Voltage distribution systems and electrical power generation in large utility power plants or large industrial co-generation facilities. Must be able to work on multiple concurrent projects with minimal supervision.
- Experience with protective relaying schemes(Medium Voltage) including coordination and development of relay settings for SEL relays is a plus.
- Proficiency in engineering software such as CAD/AutoCAD, ETAP, SKM Powertools, SEL Acselerator, etc.
- Must have experience with all phases of a project including preliminary conceptual system design, scoping, detailed design, equipment selection, equipment testing and start-up problem resolution.
- Must have effective written and oral communication skills; must be able to analyze data, write technical reports, and develop work packages to implement recommendations and the ability to handle multiple assignments.
Salary: $140,000 to $150,000 per annum plus benefits.