Earthstream are proud to be recruiting Process Automation Engineers for a leading systems integration business based in Portland, OR to work on a life science end user client site
Job Role: Process Automation Engineer
Location: Portland, OR
Salary: $80,000 - $150,000 pa depending on experience
As a Process Automation Engineer your remit will include:
The Process Automation Engineer develops and executes process control system integration and information-solutions projects. This position performs design, development, and deployment and testing of electrical equipment, control systems (PLCs), and information solutions (Historians, MES).
The Process Automation Engineer assists with quoting projects, writing specifications, test protocols, and drawing updates. This position includes managing portions of projects as assigned by adhering to budgets to complete tasks assigned and occasionally manages small size projects.
This position is based in the Portland, OR region to support local clients and reports to the Regional Manager. Joins an empowered workforce which supports the company's mission - To build Automation and Information Solutions that drive our Trusted Partners' success - while holding true to our values and vision.
- Extensive experience configuring/troubleshooting/commissioning Rockwell Automation / Allen-Bradley hardware and software consisting of PLCs, IO families, Networking Devices, HMI, Drives, MCCs, and FactoryTalk Platform
- Experience configuring/troubleshooting/commissioning electrical panels, control loops, Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs), and Motor Control Centers (MCCs)
- Microsoft Server configuration and administration experience
- Experience with various other vendor historians, SCADAs, PLCs, and motors/drives is a plus
- Regulated industry experience - preferably GAMP and common pharmaceutical/Life-Sciences validation practices preferred
- Experience in consulting and/or system integration is a plus
- Experience with technical management of projects and execution
- Minimum of 2 years of engineering experience in process controls/automation and or systems integration
- B.S. in an Engineering discipline or other related field or equivalent work experience and training
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to tour and work at manufacturing sites which may include activities such as climbing stairs, different sized ladders, and stairways
- Able to carry at least 20lbs, which could include computer equipment, laptop bags etc.
- Ability to travel for projects as and when desired, including international travel and possess required documentation for the same when required. (Valid driver's license/ passport and other papers)