PROCUREMENT AND LOGISTICS MANAGER
Currently looking for a well expereinced procurement & logistics professional within mining for an expat FIFO (fly in, fly out) opportunity in Mozambique.
The incumbent must have Africa experience having worked in remote location moving highh volume, low value product.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Responsible for ensuring the right products are delivered to the right location on time, to the quality specified and in the most cost effective manner. Oversees the distribution and transportation of goods from the manufacturer to the consumer and from the company to external clients. The role will assume responsibilit for entire process inclusing warehouse management as well as people and budgetary management responsibility.
Strategy and Development
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice logistics vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
General and Task Management
- Plan, manage and evaluate logistics operations liaising with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics providers, transportation companies and customers.
- Create and implement best practice logistics principles, policies and processes across the organisation to improve operational and financial performance.
- Deliver solutions to logistics problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budgetary requirements.
- Monitor quality, quantity, delivery times, and transport costs.
- Negotiate rates and contracts with transportation and logistics providers.
- Recommend optimal transport modes, routes or frequency.
- Select carriers/suppliers and monitor service against performance criteria.
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports or customer issues.
- Review impact of logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or carriers and report results to others.
- Assess and make recommendations for logistics processes in potential new facilities or plants and advise of cost implications and efficiency.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and identify inefficiencies and cost optimisation opportunities.
- Ensure the integrity of inventory accuracy and manage stock movements with the help of direct reports.
- Identify and resolve any inventory discrepancies and ensure inventory and system records are in agreement.
- Keep track of slow moving and obsolete stock.
- Identify savings by removing waste or unnecessary steps in the logistics process.
- Interpret trends and analyse and review data. Provide meaningful logistics data to others in the organisation to aid customer service and cost improvements.
- Ensure IT systems in place are effective, maintained and accurate.
- Ensure metrics, reports, and process documentation is available.
- Hold responsibility for department budget Relationship Management.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all connected with the logistics process.
- Ensure all completed orders are dispatched on time.
- Ensure products are shipped appropriately to ensure quality of goods during transportation.
- Take control of packaging and provide appropriate, cost effective, high quality solutions.
- Take responsibility for accuracy of labelling to ensure correct parts/finished assemblies reach correct customers at the correct time.
- Ensure compliance with import/export regulations/customs regulations and legal and health and safety requirements.
- Support new business initiatives and projects and contribute to review meetings and change process. Ensure effective logistics implementation takes place relating to the changes
- Conduct or review environmental audits for logistics activities to ensure processes are as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Review opportunities to be as environmentally friendly as possible
Financial and Budget Control
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred.
- Prior experience of working in logistics/supply chain/transportation function within the mining or manufacturing environment with a comprehensive knowledge of logistics processes and procedures.
- Expert knowledge of technical regulations related to logistics such as import/export and customs regulations, including security requirements to include certification in dangerous goods handling and aviation security.
- Strong IT systems knowledge and skills including knowledge and understanding of specialist systems such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Bill of Material (BOM) and customer data systems.
- Advanced Excel user.
- Ability to analyse and manipulate technical and complex data and provide meaningful information.
- Membership of an appropriate professional body such as the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of lean techniques may be advantageous.
Should the above match your profile and experience, do apply today. Should you not be contacted within 10 working days, do consider your application unsuccsessful.