Procurement Manager - Solar
Location: remote - occasional travel to Glasgow, Reading, London, and other UK sites will be required
Start: 4th Oct 2021
Finish: 4th March 2022 (extension likely)
Type: contracted, inside IR35
What is the Role?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Procurement Manager to join our Distributed Energy Business. You will be expected to work on a range that spans Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC), Operation and Maintenance (O&M), Original Manufacturing Equipment (OEM), civils subcontracts and related packages for the Solar business. Also, there will related professional services, technology and consulting contracts.
- Responsibility for the end-to-end procurement of a wider range of goods, works and services to meet the diverse needs of our Distributed Energy business
- Compliance to procurement policy, procedure and process in service delivery whilst ensuring the best procurement results for our internal stakeholders with respect to cost, quality, delivery and meeting our compliance standards
- Joint activity with our customers including planning procurement timelines, developing commercial and contract strategies, and then executing the procurement event to a high standard
- Supplier management and SRM activity will form part of the role, working with stakeholders and our commercial team to ensure the best outcomes from our key supplier relationships.
What do I need?
- Demonstrable procurement experience of EPC, civils, O&M, OEM and professional services sub contracts;
- Experience in Solar Procurement - Essential
- Experience of the end-to-end procurement process
- The experience and ability to negotiate commercial procurement contracts and manage risk, and Demonstrable supplier management experience and skills.