We have a current expat opportunity for a Production Manager on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Mozambique on an 8/2 FIFO basis. The role will be responsible for mines Processing and Production.
Roles & Responsibilities
The person shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide leadership to and supervise processing staff to ensure that employees and contractors adhere to safety standards and any applicable legislation.
- Propose and define the Work Methodology for Processing and Production Execution.
- Monitor through appropriately developed reporting systems plant performance and recommend, plan and implement future plant and equipment optimization strategies.
- Manage the overall design of process flowsheets, plant layouts, material handling systems, manpower requirements, equipment procurement and material utilization;
- Develop and manage metallurgical operations and work practices that maximize operational efficiencies through evaluation of current and potential processing methods;
- Management of Departmental Capex and Opex.
- Monitor and analyze key metallurgical performance indicators of process operations and recommend corrective actions to the operations team;
- Improve plant operating performance; reduce waste and delays; promote cost reductions; and achieve a high level of operating efficiency;
- Manage metallurgical and chemical engineering activities working with the operations team and external consultants;
Experience and Skill Set Requirements
- Tertiary qualifications in Extractive Metallurgy, Mineral Processing or Chemical Engineering.
- 10 years' experience in a senior role and substantial experience with exposure to large scale processing plants in a senior supervisory position.
- Experience with Jigs, Spirals, Shaking Tables and DMS. Familiarity with tantalite, lithium and semi-precious stones.
- Demonstrated experience with a genuine passion to providing exceptional leadership, coaching and mentoring to team.
- Highly developed planning, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven business improvement experience and achievements with a high level of demonstrated implementation of strategic planning initiatives.
If the above matches your profile do apply today. Should you not be contacted within 10 days of applying do consider your application unsuccsessful.